2022 QB Josh Hoover Flips to TCU

1 hour ago, DireBump said:

I feel like we don't need another scholarship QB. Wouldn't this be our 5th? I get Penix is hurt a lot but 5 is too many.

Meh, I am of the opinion that you can never have too many QBs.  According to the link Arkansas has offered him and they already have 7.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DireBump said:

I feel like we don't need another scholarship QB. Wouldn't this be our 5th? I get Penix is hurt a lot but 5 is too many.

I'm a fan of taking 1 QB per year. QB is probably the most important position in sports. Have to be ready for any situation. I remember too many years of having one decent QB on the roster.

Maybe after this year Penix goes pro, McCulley wins the job, and Tuttle grad transfers. Have to have a lot of depth just in case crazy things happen.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

He's been talked about a little in other threads, but I couldn't find one just about him. Wiltfong just put in a crystal ball pick with a confidence level of 6.

247 profile

I posted on the other thread a Wiltfong article about the recruiting weekend.  Hoover's quotes sound like his college choice has been made.  Probably why Wiltfong put in the CB when he did.

Edited by Andy06
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DireBump said:

Tuttle could easily move on and Dexter Williams is coming off a major knee injury. We have like 97 scholarships. 5 is not too many. At all. 

3 minutes ago, KDB said:

Wiltfong upped the confidence to an 8.

Here's what I feel about Wiltfong's confidence levels.

1-5 = educated guess

6 = decent idea

7 = pretty sure, but not 100%

8 = unless something drastic happens, he's going there and could commit any day

9 = he's committing today or tomorrow

• Like 1

Pretty solid QB with a good rating.  

I am definitely in the camp of wanting a QB in every class.

That year where we had Sudfeld, Cam Coffman and Tre Roberson, we looked solid at QB.  Then two of them transferred and Sudfeld got hurt.  We ended up playing a tiny true freshman, Diamont, who was put in an unfair position having to play.  A clear bowl season evaporated.  

Have to keep that pipeline flowing and have developing guys in the mix. 

Edited by BobSaccamanno

• KDB changed the title to 2022 QB Josh Hoover
1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

Hoover is rated slightly higher than Penix was, and a commitment from Hoover would bring our average rating down.  This class could be insane.

Well the average can only really go down from here. Dasan is what’s driving our 90pt avg score. We’re only recruiting 4-5 more fringe 90pt guys and who knows how many we’ll land but I hope we can end up in the top 4-6 in the Big based on averages

18 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Well the average can only really go down from here. Dasan is what’s driving our 90pt avg score. We’re only recruiting 4-5 more fringe 90pt guys and who knows how many we’ll land but I hope we can end up in the top 4-6 in the Big based on averages

But at the same time.. our overall is sky rocketing somewhat with the addition of Hoover. 

24 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Oh yeah, I know it doesn't mean anything that it would go down with a Hoover commit. I just remember not long ago when a guy like Hoover would have been top 3 in the class. Crazy what we've been able to pull in so far!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

That's tremendously encouraging to hear/read.  I just want IU to have a competitive fb program...and win some games against the perennial BIG10 powers.  Coach Allen is going to achieve that... and maybe more.  I'm so very impressed with what he's accomplished.  😊.  GO HOOSIERS!!!

• Like 1