New Tom Davis Article

jmcb07

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, jmcb07 said:

Mile, I don't know if you noticed that John Wooden weighed in on Indiana's recent road victory.

http://www.news-sentinel.com/sports/2018/01/07/tom-davis-indiana-gets-road-win-so-what-is-next/

I have to say, he makes some valid points in this article. The outlining of this team's inconsistency was spot on. Smith needs more time obviously. I can't argue with giving Durham more time running point over Newkirk at this point.

However, it's tough to argue Moore needs more time based on how little we've seen from him. I'm going to trust the coaching staff on when it's time to give this kid time on the court to develop. And to point blank eliminate them from tourney contention is actually a bit early still. 

Thanks for sharing this one. I hadn't read it yet. Not sure if you know know Mile from previous boards, but welcome to this one! 

I get the idea of playing guys to gain experience for next year, however I think you need to establish a culture of winning.  This is hard to do if you make decisions to play guys with the pure intention of winning games next November. "You play to win the game."  

2 hours ago, cohete15 said:

Some valid points and some trash mixed in. Not sure what this guys problem is. Curious on the tone of his articles last year. 

This is my feeling as well. I hear some valid points while still taking potshots. Glad the guy is in Fort Wayne. 

smeh.  He has some points, he is also writing as a fan instead of an objective observers like a writer should be.  My heart tell me some of the same things, but you can't always do them.  CAM cannot give up yet on the season regardless of how we're playing now.  In another month you might be able to make the call and start planning for next year with playing time.  But for, you have to play and coach like we're going to make the 64.

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

smeh.  He has some points, he is also writing as a fan instead of an objective observers like a writer should be.  My heart tell me some of the same things, but you can't always do them.  CAM cannot give up yet on the season regardless of how we're playing now.  In another month you might be able to make the call and start planning for next year with playing time.  But for, you have to play and coach like we're going to make the 64.

Exactly!  Will we make it?  Probably not.  Is it still possible? Yes, and you have to coach like it. 

12 hours ago, rico said:

What does Fort Wayne have to do with with it?  I spent many a year reading and listing to Bill Benner in Indy.  Always bad mouthing the Hoosiers and he was an IU grad.

Different world for both Fort Wayne and Indy. Benner wouldn't last these days and I know this Davis chump wouldn't either. Shoot...Doyel barely lasted his first 3-4 months (his words) after writing a couple of rip jobs of IU. So to answer your question. IU has what? 100-150k alumni alone let alone what 500k in Indy markets alone? More than double Fort Wayne population. That alone has everything to do with it. Employers know it, papers know and most importantly sponsors know it. If Dakich can get run (my guess this is last year) whoever Tom Davis is would as well.

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Different world for both Fort Wayne and Indy. Benner wouldn't last these days and I know this Davis chump wouldn't either. Shoot...Doyel barely lasted his first 3-4 months (his words) after writing a couple of rip jobs of IU. So to answer your question. IU has what? 100-150k alumni alone let alone what 500k in Indy markets alone? More than double Fort Wayne population. That alone has everything to do with it. Employers know it, papers know and most importantly sponsors know it. If Dakich can get run (my guess this is last year) whoever Tom Davis is would as well.

I don't think you realize how big the Fort Wayne Metro area is and the backing IU has there.  The author keeps putting stuff out there like he has been doing he will be driven out of that city.  The area is comprised of IU fans, alumni or not.  It is a Hoosier area.

On 1/8/2018 at 10:12 PM, jmcb07 said:

Mile, I don't know if you noticed that John Wooden weighed in on Indiana's recent road victory.

http://www.news-sentinel.com/sports/2018/01/07/tom-davis-indiana-gets-road-win-so-what-is-next/

I grew up in Ft Wayne but won’t click on any NS links. Tom Davis trying to get Hartman to go to Butler was a big part of it. I stopped for good when the Duke guy wrote about how Langford should go anywhere but IU. He failed to make any points that made sense. 

3 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

I grew up in Ft Wayne but won’t click on any NS links. Tom Davis trying to get Hartman to go to Butler was a big part of it. I stopped for good when the Duke guy wrote about how Langford should go anywhere but IU. He failed to make any points that made sense. 

I like your style.  And your username. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived