New Tom Davis Article

jmcb07

Davis is a Butler alum and was openly criticized a year or two ago for actively "rooting" for Butler in a back and forth with some IU fans while he was covering them playing each other in the Crossroads tournament. I believe the guy was called for this by his bosses as he definitely was not remaining impartial, as any journalist is supposed to .

Heck, IDK, maybe his punishment was to be put on the IU beat. Hack writer. The News-Sentinel has had some excellent sports reporters over the years. Davis is not one of them.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Heck, IDK, maybe his punishment was to be put on the IU beat. Hack writer. The News-Sentinel has had some excellent sports reporters over the years. Davis is not one of them.

Jerry is Duane Schuman still with them?

15 minutes ago, rico said:

Used to be the assistant sports editor, right?

Not sure...his Linkedin page just mentioned that he used to work for NS. I didn't dig any deeper, and as I said, I don't recognize the name

I saw his tweet and was debating joining the fray but decided against. Seriously though...that tweet is up there with some of the dumbest IU related tweets ever. Little does he know that now at least one fan will tweet at him during every game is it ok if player a, b, or c wore this or did this during the game. 

As you may or may not know, the News Sentinel went to a digital format towards the end of last year. There is no longer a "newspaper" printed 6 days a week.

Could be that he is still writing for them while employed elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

As you may or may not know, the News Sentinel went to a digital format towards the end of last year. There is no longer a "newspaper" printed 6 days a week.

Didn't know. Thanks. All sorts of fun coming out of the Fort this week. This Tom Davis idiot and someone called the @jaygravesreport is going back and forth with Keion Brooks Sr on situation. 

4 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Well evidently he is still writing for them only in a different context.  I went to school with him, but he was three years older.  He used to do sports for the Columbia City Post & Mail while he was in college.

40 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I saw his tweet and was debating joining the fray but decided against. Seriously though...that tweet is up there with some of the dumbest IU related tweets ever. Little does he know that now at least one fan will tweet at him during every game is it ok if player a, b, or c wore this or did this during the game. 

The guy is a joke. He had a column after the Purdue/Butler game talking about how Swanigan is losing out by not being at Purdue this year. 

I also believe he was overly critical of Jay Simpson being lazy/not caring back in the day even though it came out that he had a heart condition and had to quit basketball. He was relentless in going after Jay. 

46 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

The guy is a joke. He had a column after the Purdue/Butler game talking about how Swanigan is losing out by not being at Purdue this year. 

I also believe he was overly critical of Jay Simpson being lazy/not caring back in the day even though it came out that he had a heart condition and had to quit basketball. He was relentless in going after Jay. 

Perhaps just another shock jock.  Or maybe a Dakich wanna be?  Or maybe both!

4 hours ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Davis is a Butler alum and was openly criticized a year or two ago for actively "rooting" for Butler in a back and forth with some IU fans while he was covering them playing each other in the Crossroads tournament. I believe the guy was called for this by his bosses as he definitely was not remaining impartial, as any journalist is supposed to .

I saw this little bit about Davis. He seems to really lack professionalism. If you check the comments on the original tweet, there were already pictures of Duke, Purdue, and Butler players on the bench in t shirts. 

IMG_1483.PNG

I hate to comment, but Davis is a total dip *%$#.  He thinks he is smarter than he actually is, which is a brutal trait in any human.  I am not going to read him or follow him because he's not worth the time.  There are much better thoughts and analysis by any of a number of people on this board.

P.S. He can't write worth a %$#@.

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I hate to comment, but Davis is a total dip *%$#.  He thinks he is smarter than he actually is, which is a brutal trait in any human.  I am not going to read him or follow him because he's not worth the time.  There are much better thoughts and analysis by any of a number of people on this board.

P.S. He can't write worth a %$#@.

Tell us how you really feel!!!!! xD

Tom Davis was tweeted at during game by a pretty well known Central Indiana basketball guy. Basically asking Tom that he noticed a Purdue player on the bench with shorts and long sleeved T. He asked Can you explain to us again how THIS KIND of attention to detail impacts a program. Obvious we're not the only ones who took issue with his petty shot of De'Ron Davis.

@tom101010 is twitter handle for Tom Davis. 

5 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Tom Davis thinks IU just lost because Hartman wore gym shoes on the bench. Sport coat kept it close, but the lack of attention to detail cost them the game. 

I guess this idiot did not realize that all coaches this week is wearing gym shoes with their suits for Coaches and Cancer.

Archived