Jump to content

Olympics


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

That sounds like a Purdue fan comment. No offense.

Haha. It was just meant to get a shot in at Russia cheating, but you're not wrong! In fairness though, the list of Purdue excuses is pretty long, so it is tough not to use one of them!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It may have been mentioned among the Biles discussion but the IU divers have scored silver medals so far:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/olympics/capobianco-hixon-add-u-s-divers-synchro-success-take-olympic-n1275248

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2021/07/27/delaney-schnell-jessica-parratto-olympics-silver-synchronized-diving/5382896001/

Capobianco has another chance to medal in the individual 3m springboard competition.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

It may have been mentioned among the Biles discussion but the IU divers have scored silver medals so far:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/olympics/capobianco-hixon-add-u-s-divers-synchro-success-take-olympic-n1275248

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2021/07/27/delaney-schnell-jessica-parratto-olympics-silver-synchronized-diving/5382896001/

Capobianco has another chance to medal in the individual 3m springboard competition.

If it wasnt mentioned alumnisBlake Pieroni and Zach Apple brought home gold in the 400 FR and Lilly King got a bronze in the 100 breast. 儭 #Represent

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

It may have been mentioned among the Biles discussion but the IU divers have scored silver medals so far:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/olympics/capobianco-hixon-add-u-s-divers-synchro-success-take-olympic-n1275248

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2021/07/27/delaney-schnell-jessica-parratto-olympics-silver-synchronized-diving/5382896001/

Capobianco has another chance to medal in the individual 3m springboard competition.

Thank you. On to some positive news!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

image.thumb.jpeg.185a9a1562ae2057cbf65fb3ae00ddd1.jpeg

There are so many things wrong with this picture! Stereo Country as opposed to Mono? The placement of of his hand shadow on the girl?! Oh and shoes in the pool, Im disgusted absolutely disgusted!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

There are so many things wrong with this picture! Stereo Country as opposed to Mono? The placement of of his hand shadow on the girl?! Oh and shoes in the pool, Im disgusted absolutely disgusted!

Im just thankful he has a shirt

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Watching an Olympic athlete do an interview with a mask on is just..... gahhhhh. So dumb.

That last race was incredible though. The American was in 5th place (by a fairly decent margin) at the final turn in the 800 and was still quite a bit back with just 25 meters left and then surged for the Gold! It was crazy!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BGleas said:

That last race was incredible though. The American was in 5th place (by a fairly decent margin) at the final turn in the 800 and was still quite a bit back with just 25 meters left and then surged for the Gold! It was crazy!

Agree. Loved it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

That last race was incredible though. The American was in 5th place (by a fairly decent margin) at the final turn in the 800 and was still quite a bit back with just 25 meters left and then surged for the Gold! It was crazy!

Now THAT is a finishing kick!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, BGleas said:

That last race was incredible though. The American was in 5th place (by a fairly decent margin) at the final turn in the 800 and was still quite a bit back with just 25 meters left and then surged for the Gold! It was crazy!

Damn....

Now THAT is why the Olympics are awesome. How amazing and fun was that!?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Geez...NBC is incompetent. Just came back from commercial break and they had rewound 2-3points off the water polo score.

At least let me pretend it's live, you nitwits...

Dont you pretend you were paying attention to the score.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Dont you pretend you were paying attention to the score.

I absolutely was (it's a slow night here at the office). Aside from that, I don't think I've seen an underwater shot in water polo yet. I read earlier that NBC was going to make a conscious effort to stymie all thepervs who watch women's Olympic sports for {cough} {cough} questionable reasons.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Imagining the Vanilla Gorilla doing a cannonball into the pool...

12 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Vanilla Gorilla sighting?

You are approximately 5 hours late on that observation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...