Jump to content

Jakai Newton (2023) IU bound baby!!


Recommended Posts

  • 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

Just read @The Daily Hoosier Q and A. Sounds like this young man and his mama were thoroughly impressed. 

Loved these two...

"TDH:  Is the distance from home going to be a factor for you?

Newton:  No, not for a school like Indiana."

And...

"TDH:  So did this visit move the needle for you when it comes to Indiana?

Newton:  Yes, it did."

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I will just add that the Q&A might understate a bit the extent to which they were impressed.

I know some cringe at it but social media does matter. His Mom was on this morning singing the praises about IU, Staff, and Fans....2 hours later she's received over 500+ likes...which for a Sunday morning and as little as followers as she has that is saying something. She's probably for the first time asking her kids how to to turn off notifications haha. Put it this way. When she was at Georgia (home state/school) she received 53 likes.

Great article and follow up as always!

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Should’ve hired Woodson 10 damn years ago!  Although he might not have been the coach he is today.  Guy is killing it!

I thought about this a bunch here and there over the past 5-6 months. We will never know obviously, but wonder where the program would be even if he was hired instead of Archie. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Coach Robby said:

I thought about this a bunch here and there over the past 5-6 months. We will never know obviously, but wonder where the program would be even if he was hired instead of Archie. 

Based on early returns at least off the court....we wouldn't be sweating out Selection Sunday for starters. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I would not be the least bit shocked to hear that our next commitment comes from this young man. I know Clowney should be a Hoosier in less than 2 weeks. The visit went that WELL!!!

I wouldn't be surprised

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I wouldn't be surprised

I am digging for info because I got wind that a verbal may have occurred. Not coming from someone that I talk to a lot but this person is on campus a lot. If I hear something concrete I will share otherwise its just a wild rumor. Based on what those I trust are saying we are at least in a very good spot as of right now

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am digging for info because I got wind that a verbal may have occurred. Not coming from someone that I talk to a lot but this person is on campus a lot. If I hear something concrete I will share otherwise its just a wild rumor. Based on what those I trust are saying we are at least in a very good spot as of right now

That rumor got started on Peegs. A guy said he had a friend that gets info and texted him to tell him he'd committed. Rabby and Peegs chimed in and said that did not happen. That said IU is in a great spot after the visit and the whole family walked away very impressed. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DC2345 said:

That rumor got started on Peegs. A guy said he had a friend that gets info and texted him to tell him he'd committed. Rabby and Peegs chimed in and said that did not happen. That said IU is in a great spot after the visit and the whole family walked away very impressed. 

Thats probably accurate like I said not from someone I trust so I did not pass along as reliable. Thank you for clearing it up I don't go to peegs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Thats probably accurate like I said not from someone I trust so I did not pass along as reliable. Thank you for clearing it up I don't go to peegs

The guy said his friend is right a lot and if he got more info he'd share. That said Rabby did say that Jakai has been raving about IU since he got back to Georgia from his visit so it might not be far off. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we hear that our next commitment comes from Newton, knowing that Clowney’s official commitment happens in less than two weeks, then that’s quite the double whammy happening here shortly. Knowing we already have JHS, Banks, and Gunn onboard, adding Clowney and Newton really has us looking good. The vibes IU basketball are producing right now are incredible. So exciting to know IU has its swag back. Look out. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • bluegrassIU changed the title to Jakai Newton (2023) IU bound baby!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...