2023 CG Jakai Newton IU bound baby!!

28 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Man I love my wife....

She just asked me about this kid and if I knew who he was. Said she saw on her facebook that Newton had commited to IU!!

Way to go CMW and welcome to IU Jakai!!!

22 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

My wife does the same thing about IU stuff. Pretty cool 

My wife usually ignores me unless she is telling me to go to hell.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

It is actually quite nerve-racking making sure you don't press it too soon.  I've actually done it once.

Which recruitment? Haha....no worries if you don't answer. Has to be tough sitting on information but because of the integrity of the job you have to wait. 

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

This STAFF man.....unreal. Top 60-70 out of state guys headed into their junior year are playing musical chairs with IU scholarships. They don't want to be without one when the music stops.

Congrats to Coach Woods/Yasir,etc....all hitting it out of the park. 

I expect him to be too 40 by the end. 

• Like 2

Well the last time we had two guys from Georgia on our team it worked out well.  Newton and Moye did great things at IU so I hope Newton and Banks do as well.  Also that team had a big from the Carolina's and hopefully we will get Clowney from South Carolina

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

IU basketball commit Jakai Newton already in the program record books before he steps on campus

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-commit-jakai-newton-already-in-the-program-record-books-before-he-steps-on-campus/

Welp, now he's on @dbmhoosier's bad side...

“They (Indiana) actually told me it was the highest plus-wingspan they have ever recorded at the school,” Newton told The Daily Hoosier." 

“I didn’t realize it until my guy Clif Marshall, the strength coach at Indiana told me,” Newton said. 

😁

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, slojoe said:

Wonder what Wilkerson's vertical and wingspan/height +/- were?

It is hard to overlook a 6'7" backcourt man who jumps center and has arms that seem to telescope. "I can gamble on defense because with his arms Bobby can take two guys," says Buckner..

"Wilkerson is as coy about his wingspan as Zsa Zsa is about her age. "Just put down that I need extra-extra-long shirts," he says"

• Like 4

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

It is hard to overlook a 6'7" backcourt man who jumps center and has arms that seem to telescope. "I can gamble on defense because with his arms Bobby can take two guys," says Buckner..

"Wilkerson is as coy about his wingspan as Zsa Zsa is about her age. "Just put down that I need extra-extra-long shirts," he says"

That was the best defensive backcourt I have ever seen.

• Like 3

On one hand, we, as fans, have to wait two more years for him to get here. On the other hand, he can physically mature, maybe tack on an inch or two of height (I think he is young for his class as it is), and especially polish his game.  I believe he shot low 30’s percent from three. Imagine if he can get on a shooting program and get himself to be a good 40% shooter from three by the time he gets here.  With his athleticism and defense, if he becomes a consistent shooter from three, watch out.  He’s got two years to work all that out before he arrives.  

• Like 4