Brice Sensabaugh Commits to Ohio State

I’m really split on him. Guess I’ll trust the coaches. I watched a highlight video of a game his team played agasint another top team…he looked slow, unathletic, and didn’t even seem that good putting the ball on the floor and getting around his man. Mostly just spotted up. Could be a bad game…and maybe his team is so good he didn’t have to do much but looked a little out of place compared to other videos. Man I just feel he could go either way of really good or almost unplayable like Damezi (who he reminded me of).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’m really split on him. Guess I’ll trust the coaches. I watched a highlight video of a game his team played agasint another top team…he looked slow, unathletic, and didn’t even seem that good putting the ball on the floor and getting around his man. Mostly just spotted up. Could be a bad game…and maybe his team is so good he didn’t have to do much but looked a little out of place compared to other videos. Man I just feel he could go either way of really good or almost unplayable like Damezi (who he reminded me of).

He was in the top 5 for ppg in the eybl tourney this summer. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Andrew said:

He was in the top 5 for ppg in the eybl tourney this summer. 

And what I'm saying is much of his scoring I saw was others creating for him. He stood in the corner a lot and drained 3's or yes finished fast breaks or got to the rim when a lane was wide open because a defender went to help and made a poor closeout. When I watched him with a guy straight up guarding him he wasn't able to get around his man, was weak with the ball and his passes and was beat on defense by guys much quicker of foot. Again, that isn't to say he isn't good, could have been a bad game...but I saw the other side of the coin. Fact is he is on basically one of the most loaded AAU teams in Florida, so he benefited from that some. Kid has a special talent for shot making...no doubt about that....but we've seen that before, and that isn't always enough. Obviously I will trust the staff on him because they've seen more than just a few games but I do think there are questions there with this recruit. Just like I have questions of Gunn as well. No doubt they can easily get past all that and that my observations may be flawed...but I still have them none the less.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

And what I'm saying is much of his scoring I saw was others creating for him. He stood in the corner a lot and drained 3's or yes finished fast breaks or got to the rim when a lane was wide open because a defender went to help and made a poor closeout. When I watched him with a guy straight up guarding him he wasn't able to get around his man, was weak with the ball and his passes and was beat on defense by guys much quicker of foot. Again, that isn't to say he isn't good, could have been a bad game...but I saw the other side of the coin. Fact is he is on basically one of the most loaded AAU teams in Florida, so he benefited from that some. Kid has a special talent for shot making...no doubt about that....but we've seen that before, and that isn't always enough. Obviously I will trust the staff on him because they've seen more than just a few games but I do think there are questions there with this recruit. Just like I have questions of Gunn as well. No doubt they can easily get past all that and that my observations may be flawed...but I still have them none the less.

Sounds like draymond green when he was a kid lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cutter said:

Sounds like draymond green when he was a kid lol

Maybe...again I'll trust the coaches to get him where he would need to be. Just I saw some things that would make me pause and question. I'm not trying to say he won't be a good ball player or isn't. I just see some things that he will have to overcome at a higher level....we've seen it go both ways.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

Maybe...again I'll trust the coaches to get him where he would need to be. Just I saw some things that would make me pause and question. I'm not trying to say he won't be a good ball player or isn't. I just see some things that he will have to overcome at a higher level....we've seen it go both ways.

I agree it is difficult to know how a prospect develops and lots of fun to watch their progression 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The title should be changed to "committed" and moved out of Recruiting and into General Basketball where it will be quickly buried. When an IU recruit commits it gets moved but for some reason this and, for instance, Braden Smith are still in Recruiting. If moved I imagine they'll soon be forgotten.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2