Bucket List Concerts

Now that summer is here and the concert series are starting to heat up and getting close to full attendance I was thinking about all of the concerts I have seen and those that I wish had gone to. I wish that I would have seen KISS 1 time but my question is who or what band do you want to see before they call it quits?

For me there are several that I want to see but the 2 that I feel are must sees and one is about to call it quits so I better get busy. I truly want to see Elton John and Eminem!!

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Bob Dylan

Gladly would love to hear Dylan long time ago. Saw him at White River State Park in 2016. Sadly...just not the same guy anymore.

Been lucky enough on my end to see all the concerts I've wanted to see. Rolling Stones in Indy at the track. Metallica, U2, and ACDC at Soldier Field or Lucas Oil. Shania in Vegas. Mellencamp at Memorial Stadium. REM in Athens. 

I think if I had a bucket list it would be more about the venue. Like a Metallica/ACDC joint show at The Rose Bowl....or maybe at a place like the Colisseum across the pond. 

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Gladly would love to hear Dylan long time ago. Saw him at White River State Park in 2016. Sadly...just not the same guy anymore.

Been lucky enough on my end to see all the concerts I've wanted to see. Rolling Stones in Indy at the track. Metallica, U2, and ACDC at Soldier Field or Lucas Oil. Shania in Vegas. Mellencamp at Memorial Stadium. REM in Athens. 

I think if I had a bucket list it would be more about the venue. Like a Metallica/ACDC joint show at The Rose Bowl....or maybe at a place like the Colisseum across the pond. 

Metallica was the best show I have ever been to but Mellencamp in Assembly Hall was pretty cool as well. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yeah, kinda figured that, but all of the other bucket list acts I'd like to see have already kicked it...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Metallica was the best show I have ever been to but Mellencamp in Assembly Hall was pretty cool as well. 

Probably for me as well. I've got a pretty wide spectrum on what music I like but Metallica probably reigns supreme.

I think it was spring of 86. My Dad and sister/I went to Key West. I was forced to go to some concert there and my Dad was like trust me you'll like saying you saw this guy in person for years to come. Artist was some no name hack named Jimmy Buffett. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Probably for me as well. I've got a pretty wide spectrum on what music I like but Metallica probably reigns supreme.

I think it was spring of 86. My Dad and sister/I went to Key West. I was forced to go to some concert there and my Dad was like trust me you'll like saying you saw this guy in person for years to come. Artist was some no name hack named Jimmy Buffett. 

I was told by some friends that I had a great time at Buffet Concert!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I was told by some friends that I had a great time at Buffet Concert!!

I saw Buffett at the Fox Theater in St Louis in I think it was 1982...Me and some friends snuck a bottle of Bacardi 151 in...

Buffett did the coolest thing...I can't remember what song it was, but he asked if anybody was a guitar player and could play it...the first guy that they picked, couldn't even play at all...Second guy not only played the song, he did it pretty well...I just thought that was one of the cooler things I'd ever seen at a concert...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Not sure what the status of the band is anymore, but would like to see AC/DC. John Fogerty is another I would like to see.

Really disappointed I missed out on seeing Tom Petty particularly, but also Prince.

Speaking of Buffett...I have seen him a few times and always have a blast.

I saw Prince at an after show the last time he came to Chicago for a 3 night thing at the United Center. I saw him on night 2. On night 1 he completely ditched the aftershow that was scheduled so while we were waiting (Prince is notorious for take the stage late) nobody knew if he was going to actually show up. 

....he ended up taking the stage a little before 1:00 am and was super apologetic about missing the previous night's show.  It seemed like he put a little something extra into that show, perhaps it was the guilt. Best yet, it was at the House of Blues and maybe 100 people were there. I could literally walk right up to the front of the stage. It took me a few days to recover from the late week day night, but it was totally worth it. 

• Like 2