Big Ten 2021-2022

43 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I do understand what you are saying. My only retort is that every single time I try to find a way to discount Michigan, they prove me wrong. 

I hear you, but...

Howard was 19-12 (10-10 in the B1G good for 9th in the conference) his first year, so I'm not ready to anoint him yet. He brought in 2 really good grad transfers and Dickinson made a splash as a freshman, so last year he did well...but losing core leadership like Livers, Brown, and Smith is going to have an impact.

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Let's go team-by-team and look at who is gone, back and new in the Big Ten as we divide the league into two tiers -- the contenders and pretenders.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-a-look-at-big-ten-rosters-for-the-2021-22-season/

Thanks for taking our mind off that horrible Iowa trouncing with some basketball talk lol. 

I look at Illinois roster and I wonder who will be the guy that can knock down shots from distance? I don't see a lot of room for Kofi and Curbelo to operate in the lane. Teams are going to play them like they did Archie's IU teams...pack pack it in. Of course we have some question marks about our shooting too but I have faith in some confidence returning to some of our guards.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Thanks for taking our mind off that horrible Iowa trouncing with some basketball talk lol. 

I look at Illinois roster and I wonder who will be the guy that can knock down shots from distance? I don't see a lot of room for Kofi and Curbelo to operate in the lane. Teams are going to play them like they did Archie's IU teams...pack pack it in. Of course we have some question marks about our shooting too but I have faith in some confidence returning to some of our guards.

Trent Frazier will hit 4 straight 3s and then miss 10 straight. But he’ll keep shooting 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think Da'Monte Williams will be looking to score more...he shot 54% 😯 from 3 last year taking only 2 per game...

But I agree...sagging off Curbelo and his 16% 3 point shooting will hobble the Illini greatly in my estimation...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

A lot of similarities, but he deferred more last year to Ayo and others. Will be interesting if he’s The Man again 

Yep, he was a different player as a junior and senior than he was as a freshman and sophomore...

I can't help but think though that a team that puts good pressure on him and Curbelo in the backcourt could get a lot of easy baskets...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Yeah they will have the same deal going as IU if TJD and the PGs can't hit threes -- you've got a put a premium on  shooters in the 2-4 spots.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Let's go team-by-team and look at who is gone, back and new in the Big Ten as we divide the league into two tiers -- the contenders and pretenders.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-a-look-at-big-ten-rosters-for-the-2021-22-season/

I know I said this last year, but I think Northwestern will be in the top half of the B1G this year...they have a solid front court with Beren, Young, and Nance...Audige looked like a star in a couple of games (notably against us), and I think if Buie learns how to be a PG and forgets the Steph Curry act, they'll give a few teams a run for their money...

On 9/7/2021 at 9:30 AM, dgambill said:

Frazier, Williams, Grandison, Plummer, Hutcherson.

So, the annual preseason top 25 players on Inside The Hall has been getting released this week. Right now they're up to 15 and no Hoosiers on the list. I can't imagine anybody other than Trayce will make the Top 15.

This got me thinking: who would I consider the 2nd best player on the team right now? I think I gotta go with Miller Kopp. Thoughts? 

20 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

So, the annual preseason top 25 players on Inside The Hall has been getting released this week. Right now they're up to 15 and no Hoosiers on the list. I can't imagine anybody other than Trayce will make the Top 15.

This got me thinking: who would I consider the 2nd best player on the team right now? I think I gotta go with Miller Kopp. Thoughts? 

Right now, either Xavier Johnson or Kopp...

But by the end of the year it'll be Tamar Bates...

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Right now, either Xavier Johnson or Kopp...

But by the end of the year it'll be Tamar Bates...

I was thinking the same thing. 

As soon as I saw Max Christie at 23 I knew Bates wouldn't be making the ITH list. Scoop sure has a high ceiling though. Finger's crossed that he reaches it. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I was thinking the same thing. 

As soon as I saw Max Christie at 23 I knew Bates wouldn't be making the ITH list. Scoop sure has a high ceiling though. Finger's crossed that he reaches it. 

I think he will...

When I see something like this list, and being it's Inside the Hall, I sometimes think they want so badly to give the appearance of objectivity, they lean away from picking IU players...

• Like 3