Big Ten 2021-2022

1 hour ago, Hoosier51 said:

I don't usually cheer for players that transfer from IU to have good games, but it would be great to see Al have a big one against the cheeseheads tonight. He is one that i hope has a good season.

Hate to see AD in a different uniform.  May not have been the most skilled player ever at IU, but represented the university well and gave his best night in and night out.  Wishing him the best.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Illinois got Curbelo stomped...

You mean missing an All American on a team might actually cause a team to be worse? Who would ever think that? Haha...

Seriously though. Ayo masked up so many problems the last couple years. Last night was a glimpse of Underwood life without Ayo.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

You mean missing an All American on a team might actually cause a team to be worse? Who would ever think that? Haha...

Seriously though. Ayo masked up so many problems the last couple years. Last night was a glimpse of Underwood life without Ayo.

You got that right...Kofi is going to help, but the problems I saw last night are on the perimeter...

Illinois out rebounded Marquette by 20...20...including 19 offensive boards...got 12 more shots off and still lost...

26 turnovers will do that...that and an out of control point guard that's a lot of flash but makes terrible plays/decisions...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You got that right...Kofi is going to help, but the problems I saw last night are on the perimeter...

Illinois out rebounded Marquette by 20...20...including 19 offensive boards...got 12 more shots off and still lost...

26 turnovers will do that...that and an out of control point guard that's a lot of flash but makes terrible plays/decisions...

Buddy of mine (UI grad) that I grew up with was at the game. Besides the normal Curbelo comments he was ticked at the lack of in game adjustments Underwood made....referenced Loyola game last year where they just kept doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Buddy of mine (UI grad) that I grew up with was at the game. Besides the normal Curbelo comments he was ticked at the lack of in game adjustments Underwood made....referenced Loyola game last year where they just kept doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. 

They had one of those "In the Huddle" segments near the end of the game during the broadcast...I was waiting for Underwood to say, "Ok, everybody just clear out, and let Ayo go to work. Ayo? Ayo? AYO?!?!"

😁

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rico said:

Well "we" keep going like this and "we" won't be getting 7+ teams in the tournament.

I don't think the conference is as good as it was last year by any stretch...the B1G lost 9 of the 15 all Big Ten players from last year. The kids jumping ship from the lower tier teams (Nebraska, Penn St, Minnesota) kinda hurt the "strong top to bottom" argument, and Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, and Rutgers all lost important pieces without the replacements or the depth to make up for them.