Big Ten 2021-2022

On 11/19/2021 at 9:14 AM, Hoosier51 said:

Yeah i agree that OSU will be fine, but they have looked less then stellar at times against teams they should have beaten easily even with who they were missing. I still have them as the favorites along with Michigan, but i think Indiana and MSU along with Turdue 🤢 is probably a little closer to them then i thought. 

Rutgers i think will be decent but like you said losing Johnson and Young will be big losses for them.

I am still not sold on how good we are.  We can't seem to put a full 40 minutes together.  At some point a quality opponents are going to take advantage of that.  We still don't shoot very well and TO, although down are still and issue.  I hope by the time we get to B1G play, we have matured as a program more, but i still think we're a 6-9 finish in the B1G. 

Please don't get me wrong, i like this team, coach and players much better than i did the last 4 years.  I actually get a bit excited again, at least in the first half of most games.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I am still not sold on how good we are.  We can't seem to put a full 40 minutes together.  At some point a quality opponents are going to take advantage of that.  We still don't shoot very well and TO, although down are still and issue.  I hope by the time we get to B1G play, we have matured as a program more, but i still think we're a 6-9 finish in the B1G. 

I wonder sometimes if Woody is "letting the guys find their own way" a little bit, especially with cupcake games and letting them make more mistakes in order to teach them better in the "post mortem" after the game. Lander's immediate turnover in the SJ game would have gotten him yanked by Archie last year. Woody let him play thru it.

Agree we have tons of things to improve upon, but I think we're so much better this year mentally than last year(s).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MSHoosier said:

Purdue  beats Nova and frankly, if Sasha hit a shot, it would not have been close. Nova hit just about everything until late, and still couldn't the boilers

Purdue’s depth outlasted Nova’s. Nova only goes about 6 or 7 deep and looked tired at the end. Purdue can go to 9 or 10 guys pretty easily. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Purdue’s depth outlasted Nova’s. Nova only goes about 6 or 7 deep and looked tired at the end. Purdue can go to 9 or 10 guys pretty easily. 

You guys are very deep. This roster has to be one of Painter's most complete 1-10. Big/physical, good on defense, nice compliment of shooters, and a guy that can break down the defense in Ivy. They are looking very good early.....the thing with Painter teams is they usually have high floors but low ceiling. This team has room to get better. I think we have gotten a lot better this year but we could still lose two to you guys because we just don't rebound well and you guys are a load on the boards. You guys are going to be in the top 10 all year...a lot of expectations for this team....Painter hasn't always done well as favorites...kind of a better underdog coach. Gotta think it's Final 4 or bust with this roster.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You guys are very deep. This roster has to be one of Painter's most complete 1-10. Big/physical, good on defense, nice compliment of shooters, and a guy that can break down the defense in Ivy. They are looking very good early.....the thing with Painter teams is they usually have high floors but low ceiling. This team has room to get better. I think we have gotten a lot better this year but we could still lose two to you guys because we just don't rebound well and you guys are a load on the boards. You guys are going to be in the top 10 all year...a lot of expectations for this team....Painter hasn't always done well as favorites...kind of a better underdog coach. Gotta think it's Final 4 or bust with this roster.

In my lifetime it seems that when Purdue has a FF quality team they just fail to deliver.  I give Painter a pass on the Hummel injuries team/s.  40 years and counting since their last appearance.  I must say that a lot of times a team just needs some luck and at a glance it appears the Boilers never can get any.  I just hope injuries don't come into play for them this year as the early returns suggest they are championship caliber.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rico said:

In my lifetime it seems that when Purdue has a FF quality team they just fail to deliver.  I give Painter a pass on the Hummel injuries team/s.  40 years and counting since their last appearance.  I must say that a lot of times a team just needs some luck and at a glance it appears the Boilers never can get any.  I just hope injuries don't come into play for them this year as the early returns suggest they are championship caliber.

Yeah...Hummel team I would have liked to see what would have happened...kind of like with us and Henderson's injury. They caught lightening in a bottle a couple years ago with Cline and Edwards...but this team is loaded..and baring injury there are legit expectations for them. Time to deliver. We know anything can happen in the tournament but it would be very very disappointing for them not to deliver.

Last thing I'll say about Purdue because I'm feeling a little 🤢 but Edy....is the best of the 7' freaks that Painter has ever brought in. He has soft hands, nice foot work, and very good feel for the game. He is going to be a head ache for everyone. He is getting a little stronger and his arms are so long he can grab a rebound across the lane and dunk it from the free throw line in one step. Not sure how he finds these beasts but he is going to be the best of them.