Big Ten 2021-2022

On 11/21/2021 at 8:15 AM, DWB said:

I wonder sometimes if Woody is "letting the guys find their own way" a little bit, especially with cupcake games and letting them make more mistakes in order to teach them better in the "post mortem" after the game. Lander's immediate turnover in the SJ game would have gotten him yanked by Archie last year. Woody let him play thru it.

Agree we have tons of things to improve upon, but I think we're so much better this year mentally than last year(s).

I think Woodson's NBA pedigree plays a part in this. NBA guys generally have a pretty long leash and coaches let them play. I think he's trying to implement something similar here. A side benefit is that it takes pressure off players and builds confidence.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Last thing I'll say about Purdue because I'm feeling a little 🤢 but Edy....is the best of the 7' freaks that Painter has ever brought in. He has soft hands, nice foot work, and very good feel for the game. He is going to be a head ache for everyone. He is getting a little stronger and his arms are so long he can grab a rebound across the lane and dunk it from the free throw line in one step. Not sure how he finds these beasts but he is going to be the best of them.

The funny thing is we’re in the final 2 for a 7’2 dude from Sweden haha. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

The funny thing is we’re in the final 2 for a 7’2 dude from Sweden haha. 

You guys are like a basketball factory for 7'0 white dudes....if I was one then Purdue would be #1 on my list to go to. Don't even want to know what you guys have hidden away on campus there to be luring them in. Doesn't help your pace of play for sure but man in college basketball it creates a matchup nightmare for most.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You guys are like a basketball factory for 7'0 white dudes....if I was one then Purdue would be #1 on my list to go to. Don't even want to know what you guys have hidden away on campus there to be luring them in. Doesn't help your pace of play for sure but man in college basketball it creates a matchup nightmare for most.

I think I saw a stat that since 2012 Purdue has always had at least one 7’0 guy on the team haha. 

Well it looks like I was wrong about Purdue being overrated though I'm not really high on either UNC or Nova. The Boilers also have an advantage right now with basically the entire team coming back, they aren't trying to integrate too many new players (Furst looks good tho!). Others will catch up in that regard but they've been impressive so far.

34 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Well it looks like I was wrong about Purdue being overrated though I'm not really high on either UNC or Nova. The Boilers also have an advantage right now with basically the entire team coming back, they aren't trying to integrate too many new players (Furst looks good tho!). Others will catch up in that regard but they've been impressive so far.

Everyone seems to want to pan beating UNC and Nova.  Yes, they aren't likely going to challenge for the national title as they aren't exceptional teams this year.  But they're certainly going to win a lot of games.  So, beating them still looks good on Purdue's resume.  Those aren't cupcakes.  They have very good players.

• Like 2