Big Ten 2021-2022

4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Damezi is a mystery. Had offers from MI & UConn and interest from MSU and PU, but looked totally unprepared for college Bball. 

I don't think he was taught many fundamentals, but man...I watched him drill about 14 3-pointers in a row warming up for a game in college.  Never saw that in game action though.  Had to be something mental.

I don't know what to make of Sparty yet...Basically the same team as last year, except without their best player, Aaron Henry, The Christie kid is promising, but I'm not sure how well Tyson Walker is going to do against Big 10 Caliber guards...

But Malik Hall has busted out these last 2 games (15 against Eastern Michigan and 24 today (9-9 from the field) against the Ramblers after only averaging 6 ppg in their first 3 games...

And I saw where Trent Frazier sprained his knee and Curbelo had some sort of neck issue against Kansas State...Didn't hear anything on how long each would be out...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I don't know what to make of Sparty yet...Basically the same team as last year, except without their best player, Aaron Henry, The Christie kid is promising, but I'm not sure how well Tyson Walker is going to do against Big 10 Caliber guards...

But Malik Hall has busted out these last 2 games (15 against Eastern Michigan and 24 today (9-9 from the field) against the Ramblers after only averaging 6 ppg in their first 3 games...

And I saw where Trent Frazier sprained his knee and Curbelo had some sort of neck issue against Kansas State...Didn't hear anything on how long each would be out...

So Clif is training Illinois too? 😜

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

Watching the VCU Syracuse game early and I think Race can feast in that game in the middle of the zone. VCU has a guy there and he hasn’t even looked at the basket once with the ball. I think I like our chances in that game if we continue to shoot well (Stewart & Kopp)

I think so too. 

The Girard-XJ matchup will be interesting...Girard is 15-20 from 3 this year...he scored over 4,500 points in high school, so he knows how to shoot...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

Watching the VCU Syracuse game early and I think Race can feast in that game in the middle of the zone. VCU has a guy there and he hasn’t even looked at the basket once with the ball. I think I like our chances in that game if we continue to shoot well (Stewart & Kopp)

21 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think so too. 

The Girard-XJ matchup will be interesting...Girard is 15-20 from 3 this year...he scored over 4,500 points in high school, so he knows how to shoot...

Other than being a road game, this is a no win for the Hoosiers. By the end of the year, I don’t think a win will add much to the resume, while a loss will hurt. The Cuse isn’t very good, but winning at the Carrier dome against their zone won’t be easy 

32 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think so too. 

The only thing I'm concerned about is how we shoot in that barn of a gym. I'm really starting to believe in the defensive effort that the entire team brings. I think we have enough pieces and enough coaching on the bench to excise those demons once and for all. And doing it in their house makes it that much sweeter.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Other than being a road game, this is a no win for the Hoosiers. By the end of the year, I don’t think a win will add much to the resume, while a loss will hurt. The Cuse isn’t very good, but winning at the Carrier dome against their zone won’t be easy 

It depends on how you look at it, while this might not add much to their resume, it will be a good teaching game for Coach Woodson on how to beat an effective zone. That will come in handy through the season and in the NCAA Tournament.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I don’t know, I think there is value in almost any Power 5 road win. Is it the same as beating Duke, UCLA or whoever? No, but a road win against an ACC team will hold value. 

Syracuse isn't great this year, but their SOS and that its on the road would probably make that a quad 2 game at worst. 

• Like 5