Big Ten 2021-2022

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm waiting this year out. I'm small time compared to what some of these companies could do....but I think I mentioned on here before we are looking into getting a couple of the guys for a golf tourney  next summer. Here's the rub though. Do we book say a guy like Tamar Bates now? Given his current fees....or if he takes off this year and his fees go up because of it? Tough balance for all. Including the consumer haha.

I'd be curious though which 3 are having problems. Only about 7-8 teams would have big NIL issues and we are one of them. Based on play at Purdue they don't seem to be having any chemistry issues. Teams like Ohio St, Michigan, Illinois,etc....maybe they are the one's?

Those were my first guesses, too. They all had high expectations and have struggled early so they seem like obvious choices. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IU878176 said:

When I saw that VCU beat Syracuse I assumed they were an underrated mid-major but just saw that VCU has lost to Wagner and Chattanooga (and only beat St Peter by 3). Granted we have to play at the Cuse but our odds of winning might be better than I thought.

Syracuse got curb stomped by Colgate at home.  I'm not sure whether they are that bad or what.

14 hours ago, slojoe said:

Syracuse got curb stomped by Colgate at home.  I'm not sure whether they are that bad or what.

Colgate shot 18-43 from behind the arc.  IU isn't likely to do that, but it seems Syracuse has been exposed for not being as long and athletic as other years in their zone.  The IU staff will have our guys ready, I believe.  Syracuse is no longer in Lunardi's brackets.

Baylor up 13 with 7+ to go...

I think Gabe Brown wants to be that "leader" Michigan State always seems to have or WANT to have (Cassius Winston, Draymond Green, and Aaron Henry, who wasn't as effective as those first 2) but he just doesn't have the upper class support. Malik Hall and Marcus Bingham have shown up occasionally, but they're very inconsistent, and Joey Hauser isn't providing anything, even off the bench...

The Spartans have been ok this year, but I think to challenge for the Big 10 title, the kids (Christie, Aken) will have to step up big...and Tyson Walker may do ok on offense, but he got killed on the dribble drive a lot today...

Edited by IUFLA

On 11/25/2021 at 8:45 AM, Seeking6 said:

I'm waiting this year out. I'm small time compared to what some of these companies could do....but I think I mentioned on here before we are looking into getting a couple of the guys for a golf tourney  next summer. Here's the rub though. Do we book say a guy like Tamar Bates now? Given his current fees....or if he takes off this year and his fees go up because of it? Tough balance for all. Including the consumer haha.

I'd be curious though which 3 are having problems. Only about 7-8 teams would have big NIL issues and we are one of them. Based on play at Purdue they don't seem to be having any chemistry issues. Teams like Ohio St, Michigan, Illinois,etc....maybe they are the one's?

Replace Ohio State with Rutgers and I think those are the 3...

• Like 1