Big Ten 2021-2022

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

Wasn’t it? A buzzer beater to win was absolutely a Purdue way to lose. 

Yes it is. My best friend a huge PU fan text me that he felt they would lose to Rutgers and never in his lifetime see #1 again. I told him I hope so. PU fans expect things lije that and now IU fans never feel safe with any lead. This paranoia stuff sucks

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Yes it is. My best friend a huge PU fan text me that he felt they would lose to Rutgers and never in his lifetime see #1 again. I told him I hope so. PU fans expect things lije that and now IU fans never feel safe with any lead. This paranoia stuff sucks

All I can say being a Purdue fan too, is I slept better last night than when IU lost... lol  My wife and daughter are IU fans and they were pi$$ed the other night going to bed .  Needless to say they were happy happy last night and there was no tension in the house.. :) 

• Haha 9

11 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

Think what you want. But that game is a great illustration of what makes college basketball so dang fun. 

I think it just goes to show how unpredictable it is. How difficult it is to get consistency from a bunch of 18-20 year olds. Talent will usually win out, but these kids can be very much all over the place. We have better talent then we've had in the past 5-7 years...now we don't have as much as say Purdue or Duke or Gonzaga but we do have tournament talent. We are going to win our fair share of games along the way this year...but I expect some hiccups along the way. We will lose games we should win...and we will probably upset a couple teams as well along the way. We just don't need to get too high or too low with this squad because it's very new to everyone involved...including our coach. I'm just going to hopefully enjoy the better quality of play. I've seen some of it already...and anticipate some more the rest of the season.