Big Ten 2021-2022

16 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

No orange and navy blue colored glasses in this lol. I would drop Purdue down to third, and fourth fifth and sixth would be a combo of the Badgers, Illini and the Hoosiers. The rest i probably agree with you on. Also i think you guys have more potential without Curbelo.

Has Maryland turned it around under Manning?

iowa actually plays defense….top half?

is Minnesota for real?

22 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

Curbelo made that list based on his play last season which also earned him the 6th man of the year in the Big Ten. That was from the coaches, guess they are lazy, too?

It was slim pickings for 6th man of the year I guess. I personally would have went with Chaundee Brown of Michigan (better deep shooter, much better defender, and a leader on that team) or Ohio State's CJ Walker over a turnover prone freshman that makes an occasionally flashy play, but shot only 18% from 3...but that's me...

As for the Wooden List, I'm not sure how they would pick him over Eli Brooks, Johnny Davis, or Keegan Murray (and don't say "well, they weren't known to be as good as they turned out"...the "committee" put players like Caleb Houstan on there and he hadn't yet played a minute of college basketball)...

But I bet they feel pretty foolish now...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

It was slim pickings for 6th man of the year I guess. I personally would have went with Chaundee Brown of Michigan (better deep shooter, much better defender, and a leader on that team) or Ohio State's CJ Walker over a turnover prone freshman that makes an occasionally flashy play, but shot only 18% from 3...but that's me...

As for the Wooden List, I'm not sure how they would pick him over Eli Brooks, Johnny Davis, or Keegan Murray (and don't say "well, they weren't known to be as good as they turned out"...the "committee" put players like Caleb Houstan on there and he hadn't yet played a minute of college basketball)...

But I bet they feel pretty foolish now...

No doubt they have all entered into protective custody to ensure their safety from angry mobs that are outraged over this injustice.

6 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

No doubt they have all entered into protective custody to ensure their safety from angry mobs that are outraged over this injustice.

I don't think I said anything about "angry mobs" or "outrage." 

I said I'll bet they feel foolish, and justifiably so...

3 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

A) Why would they feel foolish?

B) It's a frickin' pre-season "watch list" that's completely meaningless, so who even cares?

If no one "cares" then why even do the list? 

Or maybe they should wait until 8-10 games into the season before making any kind of prognostication...

42 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

1) Sees Big Ten thread has new posts.

2) Clicks on it thinking there may be some juicy tidbit about one of our competitors. 

3) Sees more bickering between IUFLA and the Illinois fan. 

4) Exits thread. 

Although infuriating how fans of other teams waste our space, at least it wasn't an argument about Lander vrs Rob. Nothing better than eating your own inside of a season!

• Like 1