Big Ten 2021-2022

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Do you mean counting out Illinois because the best player out of Chicago in a few years turned into a 2nd round draft choice in year 3? Or do you mean Kofi who still hasn't learned how to play high ball screen defense in year 3? Or do you mean Illinois who got worked by Loyola....by Loyola....in the round of 32 last year? 

I'll hang up and wait for the one from Quincy to explain this stuff. 

Screenshot saved.   😉

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And I'll add one more to the photos....saying Underwood has developed Kofi is like saying Dale Brown developed Shaq. 

Never claimed anything like that. But Kofi plays for UI. And he is a monster. So he helps the team. 

You have tapped intonyour inner milehiiu with your Illinois hatred.  Lol

Not a fan by any stretch. But they have talent, enough to compensate for average coaching imo.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

Never claimed anything like that. But Kofi plays for UI. And he is a monster. So he helps the team. 

You have tapped intonyour inner milehiiu with your Illinois hatred.  Lol

Not a fan by any stretch. But they have talent, enough to compensate for average coaching imo.

I shared a PM with Mile before his passing and he was blown away. Couple of folks know where the dirt is over there and I'm  not talking $. 

Oh well. Illinois is off to a great start in play, schedule seems kind for awhile but after last year in tourney I'm never worrying long term about Underwood at Illinois again.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

When it's all played out, I anticipate Illinois and OSU to be fighting for the top spot.

People are counting out Illinois way too early.

MSU will be there, too. Not completely writing off Purdue but they've got some serious issues on defense to figure out.

And I can't figure out Wisconsin, they don't pass my eye test but have some really good wins. And Davis is a stud. Without him, they're NIT material.

I probably have to much time on my hands since I am in Quarantine.  I have been a watching some old IU games and I can't believe how different the games look today compared to back then.  The flow of the game was a lot quicker back then and players seemed to play with more of a feel for the game.  On offense teams got right into the offense and usually got a good shot quickly.  The shot clock was 45 seconds and you never saw it come into play.  There were no force shots because of the shot clock and usually shots came off of a pass. Teams ran the ball up the court quickly instead of walking the ball up.  Lastly the post players caught the ball and made their mind up quickly what to do with ball. The post players got position and just usually got the ball and did a little turn around jumper off the glass.

I am watching the IU vs PU game from 86 in AH.  IU came into the game shooting 57 percent from the field which was 5th in the country.  PU came in shooting 53 percent

Another thing is that coaches didn't use the bench ad much as they do today. RMK first sub was with 5 minutes to go in the half and that was because DT got his 3rd foul.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I probably have to much time on my hands since I am in Quarantine.  I have been a watching some old IU games and I can't believe how different the games look today compared to back then.  The flow of the game was a lot quicker back then and players seemed to play with more of a feel for the game.  On offense teams got right into the offense and usually got a good shot quickly.  The shot clock was 45 seconds and you never saw it come into play.  There were no force shots because of the shot clock and usually shots came off of a pass. Teams ran the ball up the court quickly instead of walking the ball up.  Lastly the post players caught the ball and made their mind up quickly what to do with ball. The post players got position and just usually got the ball and did a little turn around jumper off the glass.

I am watching the IU vs PU game from 86 in AH.  IU came into the game shooting 57 percent from the field which was 5th in the country.  PU came in shooting 53 percent

Another thing is that coaches didn't use the bench ad much as they do today. RMK first sub was with 5 minutes to go in the half and that was because DT got his 3rd foul.

😁 

Hope you're feeling better, @IU Scott

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Actually one of the main differences is how the game was officiated

Just now, Hippopotamo said:

The way the big ten is officiated absolutely holds everyone back come tournament time. 

I heard Rabjohn's talk about how top recruits told him that they didn't want to play in tbe big ten.  A lot of it was it being to physical in the big ten.  This 86 game I am watching players were called for fouls on any little contact

2 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

The way the big ten is officiated absolutely holds everyone back come tournament time. 

Has been for years if not decades. We allow bigs to plow and are shocked when some of our best teams don't make the first weekend in tourney because said bigs are on the bench with 2 quick fouls.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Has been for years if not decades. We allow bigs to plow and are shocked when some of our best teams don't make the first weekend in tourney because said bigs are on the bench with 2 quick fouls.

B1G officiating is horrible.  Has been for Decades.  Home team cooking for all teams is terrible.  Its inconsistent.  You can almost call when they are going to start trying to level out the calls.  Refs get too into the excitement of a team when making runs and call it according to that.  They insert themselves into the end of the game to much when they should just let things play out.  They allow coaches to sway how they start calling.  AND IT NEVER CHANGES.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

B1G officiating is horrible.  Has been for Decades.  Home team cooking for all teams is terrible.  Its inconsistent.  You can almost call when they are going to start trying to level out the calls.  Refs get too into the excitement of a team when making runs and call it according to that.  They insert themselves into the end of the game to much when they should just let things play out.  They allow coaches to sway how they start calling.  AND IT NEVER CHANGES.

That's always been the hard part. Rabby has run with it but DF has been saying it for years and longer. Now most outsiders will always say IU fans just complaining,etc....or maybe we've known this for 20 years and the rest are just catching up? 

• Like 1