Big Ten 2021-2022

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Actually one of the main differences is how the game was officiated

8 hours ago, Hippopotamo said:

The way the big ten is officiated absolutely holds everyone back come tournament time. 

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I heard Rabjohn's talk about how top recruits told him that they didn't want to play in tbe big ten.  A lot of it was it being to physical in the big ten.  This 86 game I am watching players were called for fouls on any little contact

I blame Wisconsin.  Seems like they were the first team to slow the game down to a grind and get away with being very physical on the defensive end.  It really makes for ugly basketball and I agree that it hurts Big Ten teams when it comes to tournament time.  If Turdue's bigs play as physical as they do in Big Ten play, they won't see the second weekend in the tournament.  Wisconsin won't have five players on the floor at the end of the first game the way they foul.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Nebraska hanging with Sparty  44-39 with 16 to go in the game at East Lansing...

And does the BTN have any other color guys beyond Hummel? Christ, he's on TV more than Dick Clark use to be...

He said on podcast he was 7 days in a row…..might be Bulls  game mixed in 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Guess we’ll start hearing how PSU is a pretty good team now and that wasn’t a bad loss. 

I don't think they're as bad as a lot of people, myself included, thought...

Lundy, Harrar, Sessoms and Dread are pretty good Big 10 players...skilled and physical...I think the rest of the league should be thankful that Izaiah Brockington and Jamari Wheeler both transferred...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I blame Wisconsin.  Seems like they were the first team to slow the game down to a grind and get away with being very physical on the defensive end.  It really makes for ugly basketball and I agree that it hurts Big Ten teams when it comes to tournament time.  If Turdue's bigs play as physical as they do in Big Ten play, they won't see the second weekend in the tournament.  Wisconsin won't have five players on the floor at the end of the first game the way they foul.

This isn't just about the big ten but what coach decided that it is best for an offense to just stand around waiting for a drive.  For me basketball is not supposed to be played this way offensively.  For me it is about spacing but with player movement and ball movement by the pass and not dribbling. I feel that this style of offense is making my enjoyment of the game wane. With the me shot clock going to 30 and the his style of offense it makes for a boring brand of basketball.

4 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Guess we’ll start hearing how PSU is a pretty good team now and that wasn’t a bad loss. 

They beat us and NW, not exactly world beaters, so while I still think this team can be good and I still support them, etc., etc., I'm wondering if IU is closer to PSU and NW near the bottom of the conference, than it is that PSU is better then we thought. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

👆🏼

I think one can say they are better than we thought AND it was a bad loss. They don't have to be mutually exclusive. 

I don't think anybody here (at least very few) would say anything other than that was a bad loss to a team we should beat. 

I haven't seen anybody really say otherwise. It was a bad loss. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

I think one can say they are better than we thought AND it was a bad loss. They don't have to be mutually exclusive. 

I don't think anybody here (at least very few) would say anything other than that was a bad loss to a team we should beat. 

I haven't seen anybody really say otherwise. It was a bad loss. 

Okay… 👍

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

They ran into "The Johnny Davis Show."

Cockburn or Murray might beat him out for PoY, but as MVP, it's no contest...

And they ran into Madison officiating. The call right before half was absolutely brutal. Fran was absolutely justified in how pissed he was. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sorry gang I couldn't resist. Illinois retired Ayo Dosunmu jersey tonight. The same Ayo who never won a Big 10 title. Had 1 tourney win in 3 years....and got ousted by Loyola. Also was a 2nd round draft choice. Seems like rafter worthy stuff to me. 

It seems a tad premature...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sorry gang I couldn't resist. Illinois retired Ayo Dosunmu jersey tonight. The same Ayo who never won a Big 10 title. Had 1 tourney win in 3 years....and got ousted by Loyola. Also was a 2nd round draft choice. Seems like rafter worthy stuff to me. 

Man, dude, that is bad. That's like us retiring Thomas Bryant's. 😳😳

Yogi isn't getting his retired and he was IMMENSELY better. 

• Like 2