Big Ten 2021-2022

17 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Maryland up 34-30 at half against UI.  The last time I checked UI was up 16-4

Kofi got foul #2 halfway through the first half so auto-bench was activated.

Which I hate, even though it worked.

13 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

It seems a tad premature...

There's a set criteria for getting a jersey raised and consensus All America is one of them. Kofi's already qualified but they'll probably wait until he's done with the season. 🤣 Great to see DeMar Derozen at the game to see his teammate honored.

Nice win for IU last night!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, southsidehoosier said:

So they retire jersey numbers or just hang them up in the rafters? If your retiring I’d figure the criteria would have to be pretty extensive

Just the jersey goes up, Dee Brown wore #11 before Ayo and Plummer has it this season. I think the only #s retired at Illinois are football - #77 and #50. Those 2 guys have statues, too. :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BruceDouglas said:

Just the jersey goes up, Dee Brown wore #11 before Ayo and Plummer has it this season. I think the only #s retired at Illinois are football - #77 and #50. Those 2 guys have statues, too. :)

Well that's different than what I originally thought.  I still think it's a tad premature as I'd want only the best of the best reserved for that honor.  Ayo was an excellent player, but I'm not sure I'd consider him an all-time great this soon after leaving.  It just feels like an honor like that should be bestowed when a player is a little older...just a feel thing for me.  I don't think Ayo is old enough to really appreciate such an honor.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Michigan-Michigan State game postponed today 

Other Big 10 games today...

Screenshot_20220108-082254.png.bba6bb6de1e178e52c095e95a3ebb393.png

I really don't know what the answer is....well I kind of do but don't want to go there.

I want all the games played. I don't want other teams schedules disrupted. Michigan has today PPD and Purdue (Tuesday) and Illinois (Friday) up next this week. If they didn't have enough players today how are they going to have enough before Tuesday?

Just hope our guys continue to be safe but it's inevitable the Big 10's protocols will cause disruptions all season long....again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Joking with friends on text you could see this coming since their loss to Rutgers. 3 games vs Sparty, Purdue, Illinois (arguably 3 of the toughest in conference) and now we'll see what happens.

They were if reports are true getting two players back, that would have put them at nine which would have been enough to play. MSU boards were predicting this early in the week with as bad as Michigan is playing lol. 

Last yeah they avoided playing OSU and Iowa in football, plus they said they needed a week of practice which they ended up avoiding playing #10 Illini on the road in basketball. Now they might avoid their toughest stretch of the season in CBB. While i am just joking about them having problems at convenient times, it is something to go hmm about lol.

Also supposedly the hockey team avoided playing #4 WMU. 😁

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jojo123 said:

Yes programs are using covid as a crutch. Michigan is playing like a bunch rag tags. so they covid cancel the game until they are playing better. Covid has always been a tool. 

What is the process? Does a team just say "we can not play, covid"?

Or is there any verification process. Neutral party involvement etc?

I honestly do no know. Anybody?

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

What is the process? Does a team just say "we can not play, covid"?

Or is there any verification process. Neutral party involvement etc?

I honestly do no know. Anybody?

If a team that has seven guys that can play they have to prove to the leagues chief medical examiner that it would be unsafe to play. Other then that i am not sure how it works, the rules and protocols are changing so much i'm not sure anyone does.

• Thanks 1