Big Ten 2021-2022

1 hour ago, loviubb said:

2 bad teams 53-42 3.51 to play Penn St. Looks like a bad loss to me. Not sure how you judge bad losses but to my eyes it was a bad loss at Penn State. Have not seen much of either team but this is an ugly game

Well Rutgers was 3-1 and have beaten Purdue so they are a descent team

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

My wife is from illinoiS. She can't stand it when I pronounce the S. 

I had to explain I do it on purpose.  It is a sign of disrespect for all that illinoiS fails to offer their students, university, the community, and really the world. 

Tell her there is no S in NCAA Champion 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

I've already told that worthless university has named all the buildings after us. And Purdue is a much better school. 

Like adding peanuts to a turd. 

I think it’s State Farm Arena now 

Was it not named Assembly Hall when it opened in 1963?

it’s actually an amazing building 

largest domed stadium in North America before Astrodome 

roof is compressed concrete pies held in place by cables wrapped around base 

26 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

I think it’s State Farm Arena now 

Was it not named Assembly Hall when it opened in 1963?

it’s actually an amazing building 

largest domed stadium in North America before Astrodome 

roof is compressed concrete pies held in place by cables wrapped around base 

IU's original 17th Street gym was named Assembly Hall. I can look up the History of IU'S Gyms. A passed member had the historical information.  RIP @milehiiu

4 hours ago, loviubb said:

2 bad teams 53-42 3.51 to play Penn St. Looks like a bad loss to me. Not sure how you judge bad losses but to my eyes it was a bad loss at Penn State. Have not seen much of either team but this is an ugly game

Not sure what you’re talking about. PSU although not great, is not bad. Rutgers beat PU, PSU was competitive with PU. Most teams are going to have “bad” losses and good wins, that’s called playing a season. You’re searching for negativity here. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, OGIUAndy said:

Not sure what you’re talking about. PSU although not great, is not bad. Rutgers beat PU, PSU was competitive with PU. Most teams are going to have “bad” losses and good wins, that’s called playing a season. You’re searching for negativity here. 

Competitive?  Purdue was lucky to win in happy valley.  Lucky to play Iowa & Rutgers without top scorers.  Unlucky to not play Michigan while they are struggling.  

Shrewsbury talks directly about fans saying IU losing at Penn State is a bad loss in post game after Purdue 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

My wife is from illinoiS. She can't stand it when I pronounce the S. 

I had to explain I do it on purpose.  It is a sign of disrespect for all that illinoiS fails to offer their students, university, the community, and really the world. 

I myself do that in disrespect as well...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JW75 said:

Penn State is far from a bad loss.  They will not be a pushover for any team this year, especially at home.

I agree...Penn State is starting to play defense pretty well, and like us, that can keep them in a lot of games, especially at home.

They've added some good pieces for depth too...Mike Lee coming back from injury and Javonnie Scott (JUCO transfer who was ineligible the first semester because of grade issues...reminds me of a thicker Freddie Swain...not particularly skilled, but a bruising scrapper) makes their front court better...and we've already seen they have decent enough guards between Pickett, Lundy, Dread, and Sessoms...

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I agree...Penn State is starting to play defense pretty well, and like us, that can keep them in a lot of games, especially at home.

They've added some good pieces for depth too...Mike Lee coming back from injury and Javonnie Scott (JUCO transfer who was ineligible the first semester because of grade issues...reminds me of a thicker Freddie Swain...not particularly skilled, but a bruising scrapper) makes their front court better...and we've already seen they have decent enough guards between Pickett, Lundy, Dread, and Sessoms...

We should not have lost at PSU. They have no business beating us. 

• Like 1

PSU will only be a bad loss if they continue to lose games. They can lose lots of game by less than 10 points, but if they end up in the bottom of the B1G its going to be a bad loss.  Doesn't mean they were a bad team or weren't competitive, but it will eventually become bad.

Lets hope they start winning so we can say losing to PSU was a good loss :) 

15 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

I think it was just the way game was being played. Neither team looked good. I can't stand this type of basketball.  I didn't mean to imply winning on the road is easy.  And thanks for telling me how a season plays out. I have only followed IU Basketball since the 60's🙂

Edited by loviubb

1 hour ago, loviubb said:

I think it was just the way game was being played. Neither team looked good. I can't stand this type of basketball.  I didn't mean to imply winning on the road is easy.  And thanks for telling me how a season plays out. I have only followed IU Basketball since the 60's🙂

Then you of all people should understand the IU teams of today are not the IU teams of the past. IU can and have lost to a lot of teams they shouldn't lose to. But that hasn't been the case in 20+ years. But I can relate, I have been following them since I could stand. That being said, IU needs to start beating PSU and Northwestern on more regular basis. The loss hurts, but when it's all said and done, if that's the worst loss they have all year, they'll be fine. Don't forget we're only a few years removed from getting pounded at HOME by Indiana State and IPFW (now PFW). Now those are some bad losses. 

• Like 2