Big Ten 2021-2022

1 hour ago, ledies22 said:

I would prefer a weeknight game over a sunday nooner

For the players it does make a big difference. Assuming most in the BIG actually go to class. Knight was always ticked about the 9pm Monday night or Tuesday games. I know it's a different Era but I agree with Fran it does at least need to be looked at

7 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

For the players it does make a big difference. Assuming most in the BIG actually go to class. Knight was always ticked about the 9pm Monday night or Tuesday games. I know it's a different Era but I agree with Fran it does at least need to be looked at

I am not sure of the effects. I was just speaking in terms of how the players look. IU for the past I don’t know how many years seem to always start slow on those Sunday noon games

• Like 1

Iowa got screwed in Piscataway...

Toussaint had a steal and a layup right before halftime that they initially said he got out of his hand on time...the replay was really close but in my mind, inconclusive...but the referees waived it off...Iowa still led 27-24 at the break...

Tied at 46 with 1.6 seconds left, the refs call a ticky-tack perimeter foul on Keegan Murray. Harper Jr drains the winners...

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Toussaint had a steal and a layup right before halftime that they initially said he got out of his hand on time...the replay was really close but in my mind, inconclusive...but the referees waived it off...Iowa still led 27-24 at the break...

Tied at 46 with 1.6 seconds left, the refs call a ticky-tack perimeter foul on Keegan Murray. Harper Jr drains the winners...

Tricky-tack or non existent? I can’t believe the ref called that with just over one second left - that call decided the game! 🤦‍♂️ 

And then I can’t believe that after that Iowa got a clean inbounds pass to Keegan Murray who got a clean shot right at the 3 point line. I’m not sure if it was a great play that was drawn up, but how does Rutgers even let him sniff the ball. They’re lucky that didn’t go in. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Awwwww, poor Hawkeyes.  

11 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Tricky-tack or non existent? I can’t believe the ref called that with just over one second left - that call decided the game! 🤦‍♂️ 

And then I can’t believe that after that Iowa got a clean inbounds pass to Keegan Murray who got a clean shot right at the 3 point line. I’m not sure if it was a great play that was drawn up, but how does Rutgers even let him sniff the ball. They’re lucky that didn’t go in. 

If you saw the rest of the game, it was even more egregious. They were letting physical play go all night...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Oh, no love for Fran and the Hawkeyes, but fair is fair...a bump (if you want to call it that)  27 feet from the basket with less than 2 seconds? Gift for the Scarlet Knights...

I hate Iowa but even they didn't deserve that. Oh and BTW it was the same ref that made the terrible call in the NW/UW game Tuesday night.

• Like 2