Big Ten 2021-2022

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

When I finally found something that wasn't behind a paywall, it said Ivey has a hip flexor, and he injured it before the IU game. That means he'd probably be playing if they absolutely needed him, and Northwestern at home was the perfect opportunity to rest him. 

Cue the excuses fro WL in 3…2…1…

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Lot of reasons we lost that game but I can’t pin it on Ivey. He still had a solid game even while being less than 100%. I blame the bench, too many turnovers, and crappy FT shooting. 

Didn’t mean from you. I agree though, he wasn’t the issue. You never would have known he was hurt the way he played. 

• Like 3

20-point win over Northwestern at Mackey without Ivey playing.  Nance was in heavy foul trouble, but Northwestern was just too small even with him.

...and Mackey is LOUD.  Everyone knows Assembly Hall gets loud, but what I heard today rivaled that and it was against freaking Northwestern.  I can only imagine how loud it will be when IU comes to town.  If IU swept this year's series, that would be huge and very unexpected...but oh so satisfying after five years in hell.

9 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

20-point win over Northwestern at Mackey without Ivey playing.  Nance was in heavy foul trouble, but Northwestern was just too small even with him.

...and Mackey is LOUD.  Everyone knows Assembly Hall gets loud, but what I heard today rivaled that and it was against freaking Northwestern.  I can only imagine how loud it will be when IU comes to town.  If IU swept this year's series, that would be huge and very unexpected...but oh so satisfying after five years in hell.

I know I’m biased but idk how many other venues consistently get as loud as Mackey. It’s nuts!

• Like 1

Couple of good ones in the Big 10 tonight...

Michigan State in Champaign to take on the Illini (7 PM EST ESPN)

Maryland travels to Piscataway to meet Rutgers (9 PM EST BTN)

MSU-Illinois should be a tough, physical game...Line has Illini -5.5

Rutgers is -4 in the other game...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Couple of good ones in the Big 10 tonight...

Michigan State in Champaign to take on the Illini (7 PM EST ESPN)

Maryland travels to Piscataway to meet Rutgers (9 PM EST BTN)

MSU-Illinois should be a tough, physical game...Line has Illini -5.5

Rutgers is -4 in the other game...

Who will impose their physical will ?

O/U 142.5 Illini.  132.5 Rutgers 

1 hour ago, Purdue7 said:

With Cockburn neither team has much of a post presence on offense 

I think Marble has made some progress though 

I don't know...Without Kofi in there I think Bingham makes a much bigger difference...As will Hall...and I'm sure Gabe Brown will make a couple of trips to the basket...Coming off a good road win at Wisconsin, they're not gonna be intimidated by the Illini crowd...

Illinois has been shooting 32% from 3 in their last 5 games, and without Cockburn they gotta be much better than that...I think if Kofi is sitting this one out, it'll be a tough game for Illinois to win...

Edited by IUFLA

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I don't know...Without Kofi in there I think Bingham makes a much bigger difference...As will Hall...and I'm sure Gabe Brown will make a couple of trips to the basket...Coming off a good road win at Wisconsin, they're not gonna be intimidated by the Illini crowd...

Illinois has been shooting 32% from 3 in their last 5 games, and without Cockburn they gotta be much better than that...I think if Kofi is sitting this one out, it'll be a tough game for Illinois to win...

Sparty is longer…

First one to 60 wins?

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Maybe not...Trent Frazier is unconscious...Illini by 8 with 11 and change in the 1st

Told my Illini buddy this morning stay away from this one. He was getting ready to load up on Sparty once word started trickling out about Kofi and Curbelo. My reasoning? We just don't know what to expect from teams anymore. Feels like a trap. 

No clue how this one finishes out but college hoops in 22 is a landmine. 

• Like 2