Big Ten 2021-2022

17 minutes ago, loviubb said:

Mich. MBB have cheated for so many years and have been REWARDED with the FAB5 SHOWS and such!  IU was never to being a cheating school  until CMK was at the end of IU's love for him.   IU should be MICH. and cheat!! I SAY NEVER RANT  OVER!!!  

You been talking to this guy? 😃 

EAADF2EF-76EA-4923-AAEA-8DAA6C465526.jpeg

• Haha 1

It’s hard to imagine that such a pacifist, lacksedasical  ( I hate when spell check is stupid) cheese loving society can stomach what is the vile Wisconsin basketball. They are the epitome of passive aggressive! 
sooner or later, they are gonna get punched in the face! I guess it was sooner. 

I’m ok with that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I don’t condone what Howard did, at all.

I don’t condone what Gard did, or Krabanoff did, at all. You guys defending the Wisconsin actions are telling on yourselves with the type of behavior you think is acceptable. You don’t have a right to put your hands on people, to force them to engage with you, or anything else. Period. Respect other people - men, women, children, whatever - period. Don’t touch people or get into their space when they don’t want it. It’s really simple. 

I don't condone what Howard did, but I did think Gard was the instigator by getting in Howards space and shaking his finger at him. JMO....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

It’s hard to imagine that such a pacifist, lacksedasical  ( I hate when spell check is stupid) cheese loving society can stomach what is the vile Wisconsin basketball. They are the epitome of passive aggressive! 
sooner or later, they are gonna get punched in the face! I guess it was sooner. 

I’m ok with that. 

That's how I feel about both programs....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

This is what Gard said. 

General question for the board, if Gard is so innocent why does he blatantly lie about what happened? Juwan wasn’t pointing at him until Gard grabbed him. Gard cited that as an evaluation point as he tried to calm things down and explain. That isn’t accurate.

@Stlboiler23 @Billingsley99 @Steubenhoosier etc - do you guys lie about what happened when you’re completely innocent?

Edited by KoB2011
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

General question for the board, if Gard is so innocent why does he blatantly lie about what happened? Juwan wasn’t pointing at him until Gard grabbed him. Gard cited that as an evaluation point as he tried to calm things down and explain. That isn’t accurate.

@Stlboiler23 @Billingsley99 @Steubenhoosier etc - do you guys lie about what happened when you’re completely innocent?

Nothing Gard did warranted Howard throwing a punch or slap or whatever you want to call it...nothing...

All Howard did with that stupid move was give license to players to start throwing punches, and now you have a dangerous situation...

Ever hear of Rudy Tomjanovich (a Michigan alum by the way)?

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Nothing Gard did warranted Howard throwing a punch or slap or whatever you want to call it...nothing...

All Howard did with that stupid move was give license to players to start throwing punches, and now you have a dangerous situation...

Ever hear of Rudy Tomjanovich (a Michigan alum by the way)?

I don’t know how to be more clear that Howard was in the wrong. I am being so explicitly clear as is everyone saying Gard is also wrong, that Howard is 100% wrong.

It is fully possibly Howard can be 100% wrong and responsible for his actions and Gard can also be 100% wrong to grab a person who doesn’t want to be grabbed. That’s the whole point - there is no situation where a human being is entitled to grab, touch, whatever a human who doesn’t want to be grabbed. If you think at any point you’re entitled to grab someone because you are so wise and can de-escalate the situation you’re wrong.

Howard is 100% wrong for like the 100th time of me saying it.

Gard is 100% wrong, too. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I don’t know how to be more clear that Howard was in the wrong. I am being so explicitly clear as is everyone saying Gard is also wrong, that Howard is 100% wrong.

It is fully possibly Howard can be 100% wrong and responsible for his actions and Gard can also be 100% wrong to grab a person who doesn’t want to be grabbed. That’s the whole point - there is no situation where a human being is entitled to grab, touch, whatever a human who doesn’t want to be grabbed. If you think at any point you’re entitled to grab someone because you are so wise and can de-escalate the situation you’re wrong.

Howard is 100% wrong for like the 100th time of me saying it.

Gard is 100% wrong, too. 

You're focusing on an irrelevant point...coaches exchange words all the time...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

It's clear you see this so much differently than almost everyone else so I will just save my words. This happens quite a bit in coaching but most rational thinking human beings don't resort to throwing punches.

I agree with KoB.  Watch the video, Howard is doing a blow by and Gard stops him.  Looked like Howard probably told him where to go and then Gard grabs his shirt in his fist and right after that is when Howard starts pointing fingers.

I think I and KoB agree with you all that Howard should not have thrown a punch but Gard clearly made the first aggressive move IMO.  He should be punished as well.

Additionally, if teams are an extension of the coach, then Gard is clearly rubbing off on his team because their antics on the court during games and then after games here as of late is some punk ass behavior too.  Howard reacted in an immature manner, but I think the frustration he has with Wisconsin is shared by the conference.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Correct. And Gard took it beyond words. Then Krabanoff did. Then after all of that, Howard did. They’re all in the wrong. 

Ok, would the players have started fighting based on what Gard did?

I didn't see Krabbenhoft do anything, but whatever you're accusing him of, would that have spurred the players to throw punches?

We both know the answer, but somehow you seem bent on trying to lessen Howard's guilt by pointing the finger at Gard and Krabbenhoft...

And we haven't even gotten into Howard's responsibilities as a leader...

2 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I agree with KoB.  Watch the video, Howard is doing a blow by and Gard stops him.  Looked like Howard probably told him where to go and then Gard grabs his shirt in his fist and right after that is when Howard starts pointing fingers.

I think I and KoB agree with you all that Howard should not have thrown a punch but Gard clearly made the first aggressive move IMO.  He should be punished as well.

Additionally, if teams are an extension of the coach, then Gard is clearly rubbing off on his team because their antics on the court during games and then after games here as of late is some punk ass behavior too.  Howard reacted in an immature manner, but I think the frustration he has with Wisconsin is shared by the conference.

Last incident I remember was Calipari and Chaney, but Chaney through no punches.  Just charged the Squid in post-game press conference and said he was going to kill him which all other coaches wanted to do but didn't say.

3 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Maybe I’m missing something here. I haven’t once seen anyone say that Howard wasn’t in the wrong. What I have seen is similar to folks blaming the dog for biting. Is that correct?

I think everyone single person here has said that Howard was wrong.

My own thought is that some are saying Gard somehow "provoked" Howard's actions...

I see plenty of coaches exchange words, but have never seen a punch thrown...it's not something an adult leader would or should do, regardless of what Gard did or said...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

My own thought is that some are saying Gard somehow "provoked" Howard's actions...

I see plenty of coaches exchange words, but have never seen a punch thrown...it's not something an adult leader would or should do, regardless of what Gard did or said...

I think you are trying to play the Holy moral high ground, I get it and that is probably the right way to think about things like this.

BUT, this is a message board, on an IU site, We ALL hate Wisky and most hate Meatchicken. I don't think any of us are looking for a father figure to teach us morals. We just really want to hate Wisky!

Brad Davison is a dirty SOB!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Oh I agree. Professionalism should always prevail. Since it didn’t today we get to toss it around a bit.

The video is the only thing I have to go on as I wasn’t there.

I hear the commentary of Howard appears to be avoiding the handshake line. Then you see Howard while looking straight forward make an attempt to breeze though the line without incident. Only, he was stopped by Gard. Gard, who judging by the bobbling of his head, wasn’t singing the Michigan fight song.

Call it what you will. I see Howard make a mistake but a mistake that could have been avoided had Gard not made it a point to not let him walk on by. Which, in this particular case and in my opinion, makes both parties at fault.

Just because Howard did the biting, doesn’t mean the taunting gets overlooked.

• Like 2