Big Ten 2021-2022

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I've yet to see a situation be "better" because opposing coaches discussed "issues" after a game. 

I understand that is the way a lot of coaches handle these things, I wasn't trying to say you were wrong in that instance. 

I'm saying, if I was JH THAT mad, I would have been trying to do the exact same thing he was doing by walking by. 

He doesn't owe Gard ANYTHING. I think it was stupid for Gard to attempt to talk to him, I think it was infinitely more stupid to try and KEEP talking to him when it was clear nothing was going to be solved. 

Now, this is all with the understanding that what JH did is in no way shape or form ok. I'm just not surprised Krabbenhoft got slapped by the way he acted. As in, I've seen that scenario unfold before. 

Howard didn't have to lift his mask and say "I'll remember that shit" either -- that's what caused Gard to try to get him to stop so that he could explain why he called the timeout.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, psychobat said:

Howard didn't have to lift his mask and say "I'll remember that shit" either -- that's what caused Gard to try to get him to stop so that he could explain why he called the timeout.

Yes I agree.  Thought Gard could have realized it wasn't going to produce anything positive, having a discussion with JH, at that point. 

The whole thing was a problem BEFORE Krabbenhoft came over. 

Then it escalated into a bigger problem. 

Then it escalated into a MASSIVE problem when JH threw his hook. 

Then it escalated even MORE when the players threw haymakers. 

That, imo, was the order of events. Not all parties are at equal fault, but all parties share the blame. 

I simply wasnt surprised by anyone's actions, at that point in time, I think both sides are... I don't care for either side. I don't think either side are mature, I don't know how many good people are in each of those programs. 🤷‍♂️.. their actions yesterday seemed to back that up. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yes I agree.  Thought Gard could have realized it wasn't going to produce anything positive, having a discussion with JH, at that point. 

The whole thing was a problem BEFORE Krabbenhoft came over. 

Then it escalated into a bigger problem. 

Then it escalated into a MASSIVE problem when JH threw his hook. 

Then it escalated even MORE when the players threw haymakers. 

That, imo, was the order of events. Not all parties are at equal fault, but all parties share the blame. 

I simply wasnt surprised by anyone's actions, at that point in time, I think both sides are... I don't care for either side. I don't think either side are mature, I don't know how many good people are in each of those programs. 🤷‍♂️.. their actions yesterday seemed to back that up. 

Totally agree with everything here.  Let's wait to see if each University and the BIG10 do the right thing........my guess is that they won't.

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

What would you do?

I would Suspend Howard for the rest of the season (given the severity of the situation and the fact that he's had previous issues with similar (Maryland last year) situations.  I would Suspend Gard for 1-2 games.......Krabbenhoft for probably 1 and any player that threw punches 3 games.

• Like 2

Fighting is something that can come from competition. This is way overblown in my mind.   It was open-handed, while jumping over 3 people, and did absolutely no damage.  Howard looks like a hot-head.  Gard looks like someone with an attitude problem.  And Krabbenbutt comes across as one of those guys who think they are tough when they are behind a wall of people.  

Suspend the three coaches, as well as the players that threw punches and move on. 

And, if they want to suspend Davison for being a douche, I'm okay with that.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Fighting is something that can come from competition. This is way overblown in my mind.   It was open-handed, while jumping over 3 people, and did absolutely no damage.  Howard looks like a hot-head.  Gard looks like someone with an attitude problem.  And Krabbenbutt comes across as one of those guys who think they are tough when they are behind a wall of people.  

Suspend the three coaches, as well as the players that threw punches and move on. 

I would hope the conference would get statements from the players and coaches involved before handing out suspensions. I would also hope that everyone on MI says it all started with Davison. I would hope suspensions get announced today- and they are more sever than what people expect. I understand that none of that is likely to happen.

17 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Davidson should be suspended for another nut punch. Completely unacceptable. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Davidson should be suspended for another nut punch. Completely unacceptable. 

What always frustrates me is that these leagues always say how much film their officials watch, etc. 

So if Big Ten officials watch film and study their calls and everything, then shouldn't they know that if Davison ends up on the ground that there is a super high likelihood that he flopped?

If a guy ends up on the ground and Davison is either also on the ground or near, that there is a 99.9% chance it was because of something Davison did?

If Davison takes a charge, then there's a huge chance he slid in late and flopped. 

Wouldn't they know all these things?

• Like 3

After watching the video over and over, I wish we could see what happens to Howard after the slap, it seems like he gets pushed back toward his bench, he goes down and a real frenzy is on for a moment. At first I thought it was with fans, but I now assume it was his own players or staff?  I dunno, but he for sure lost touch with reality for a few seconds.

In those same video reviews, I see Davidson during the melee circling the perimeter of the fight, doing nothing but hiding behind other guys. THEN, as seen in the second floor video, after Mich is basically in the tunnel, he can been seen hamming it up for the cameras like he's a tough guy. It's like watching that little cartoon dog that follows Butch. What a duuuush.  Like my old asst bball coach used to say 'A guy you just wanna punch when he steps off the team bus'

The next couple days should be interesting. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, ColtsIUDomer said:

In those same video reviews, I see Davidson during the melee circling the perimeter of the fight, doing nothing but hiding behind other guys. THEN, as seen in the second floor video, after Mich is basically in the tunnel, he can been seen hamming it up for the cameras like he's a tough guy. It's like watching that little cartoon dog that follows Butch. What a duuuush.  Like my old asst bball coach used to say 'A guy you just wanna punch when he steps off the team bus'

Davison is Grover Dill from A Christmas Story. Tough guy as long as Farkus is around

image.png.ad98e6d267acb3e1ec707918a1ce8fd8.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

To be clear - I don’t think you’re that, but I do think the same logic applies. I didn’t call you that at all and seeing as I don’t think you’re stupid, I think you know that and are mad the tables got turned on you. 

I'm not mad at all. I do kinda feel sorry for you that you don't recognize what on one hand is a valid question (if @btownqb condones what Juwan Howard did, he might be susceptible to doing that himself...he is a coach by the way) versus looking at what Gard did and equating it to condoning sexual assault.

That is at best trying to buttress a poor point by making unwanted advances a punchline and at worst minimizing sexual misconduct...