Big Ten 2021-2022

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Was out getting my miles in. Was it blatantly bad all game vs Edey? Both teams getting benefits? Once again Big 10 officiating is the first thing I see on my timeline not style of play. 

I only watched the last 10 or so minutes of the game but I thought it was just in general bad, not one sided bad.

But the foul on Edey that in my mind was the difference in the game was terrible. He was getting boxed out and driven backwards to the point that a missed free throw hit the floor, and they somehow called him for a foul despite no one losing balance, getting thrown aside, or anything egregious. It was such an obvious play on or if anything, as @Stlboiler23pointed out, a hook and hold against MSU. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KoB2011 said:

I only watched the last 10 or so minutes of the game but I thought it was just in general bad, not one sided bad.

But the foul on Edey that in my mind was the difference in the game was terrible. He was getting boxed out and driven backwards to the point that a missed free throw hit the floor, and they somehow called him for a foul despite no one losing balance, getting thrown aside, or anything egregious. It was such an obvious play on or if anything, as @Stlboiler23pointed out, a hook and hold against MSU. 

I agree with the "play on" definitely...

Didn't see a hook and hold, but I don't have a replay available...their arms got tangled for a sec, but not a good either way as I saw it...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I agree with the "play on" definitely...

Didn't see a hook and hold, but I don't have a replay available...their arms got tangled for a sec, but not a good either way as I saw it...

That was what I saw, too, was just tangled arms. No holding or pulling by anyone.

Was just trying to be hospitable to Boiler this week before I have to tell him how I really feel next week. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Hoosier Daddy 4 said:

Only way the Michigan State win affects us is potentially knocking Purdue out of the one seed. We are likely in the 8-9 game and if win play the one seed. 

We were already off that LIME. Would’ve probably had to win out (or come close to that) to get it back. Will be a question of a 2/3 seed IMO. 

29 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Wisky up on Rutgers at Jersey Mike's Arena (now I'm craving a chipotle cheesesteak sub) by 9 at the break...

Rutgers has held Johnny D to 4 points, but Davison (tee up for @Joe_Hoopsier 😁) and Chucky Hepburn have 11 and 10 points respectively.

Rutgers cut the lead to 1 at 40-39 with 13 to go in the game 

It seems like teams in the big ten had trouble putting teams away when teams get up 9-10 points.  Is it that teams are just so evenly matched or is it because most teams in the big ten doesn't have great offensive teams.  With the lack of fire power it is hard to maintain the level of play to get the lead.