Big Ten 2021-2022

Not a great draw for IU but the answer to that is to play better and make plays.  If you’re legit, you don’t worry about draws.  Galloway could give us a boost.  If he was close enough to dress yesterday, hopefully he can be ready by Thursday.  

Presumably our coaches are on overdrive with game planning and seeing how other teams have played our opponents, and what went wrong the first time we played UM and IL.  Ton of film from every direction.  I thought we were set up well against Purdue and that’s a great sign. Good scouting and strategy to attack them.

It was interesting how Iowa played the Illini.  Essentially no true post player and somewhat of a five-out lineup.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Didn't we get screwed in Champaign last year when Frazier stepped on Rob's foot?

I think that was actually 2 years ago. Rob's foot got stepped on, loose ball, should have been a tie-up and we had the arrow, but the official immediately gave Illinois a timeout. 

55 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Not a great draw for IU but the answer to that is to play better and make plays.  If you’re legit, you don’t worry about draws.  Galloway could give us a boost.  If he was close enough to dress yesterday, hopefully he can be ready by Thursday.  

Presumably our coaches are on overdrive with game planning and seeing how other teams have played our opponents, and what went wrong the first time we played UM and IL.  Ton of film from every direction.  I thought we were set up well against Purdue and that’s a great sign. Good scouting and strategy to attack them.

It was interesting how Iowa played the Illini.  Essentially no true post player and somewhat of a five-out lineup.  

I’ll be rooting for you guys. Woody seems like a really good dude. Howard is a thug. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Boiler Sam said:

I mean, you guys get the favorable whistle in Bloomington… you have to admit that. 

Not at all.... do you remember our game against you in Bloomington where our best player played 11 minutes because of incredibly weak foul calls? 

Or the Wisconsin game where we lost on a play that wasn't reviewable being reviewed? 

The only close game we have played and won in Bloomington in 2022 is the Purdue game, which again.... our best player played 11 minutes because of weak foul calls. So no, I don't buy that we are getting anything remotely comparable to what you guys just got. 

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 7

On 1/4/2022 at 6:47 PM, bluegrassIU said:

When it's all played out, I anticipate Illinois and OSU to be fighting for the top spot.

People are counting out Illinois way too early.

AtScreenshot_20220307-072446_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9532a61f65b1dd03c28f63e75f136f18.jpg

@Seeking6. 😝

At the end of the day, talent matters. I missed on OSU tho. 

I still feel Illinois is the most talented team in the league, just ahead of PU.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Boiler Sam said:

I mean, you guys get the favorable whistle in Bloomington… you have to admit that. 

My best friend is the biggest PU homer in the world and he said he will gladly take the win but can't brag about it and admits the refs screwed any chance of an IU upset. I thought it was an imposter at first in over 30 years of our fandoms that is the first time I have ever heard him say something like that. I am not one that usually blames the ref, with that said they did not cost IU the game but really really made it much more difficult. 

11 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

My best friend is the biggest PU homer in the world and he said he will gladly take the win but can't brag about it and admits the refs screwed any chance of an IU upset. I thought it was an imposter at first in over 30 years of our fandoms that is the first time I have ever heard him say something like that. I am not one that usually blames the ref, with that said they did not cost IU the game but really really made it much more difficult. 

Right... we still had two turnovers in the last minute, missed a wide open three, etc.... but it shouldn't have even come to that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Right... we still had two turnovers in the last minute, missed a wide open three, etc.... but it shouldn't have even come to that. 

I want the Kopp to TJD pass back thats wide open tie game. Or if Race is able to grab that rebound. Lots of missed opportunity. The difference between wins and losses for this group all year has been razor thin.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I want the Kopp to TJD pass back thats wide open tie game. Or if Race is able to grab that rebound. Lots of missed opportunity. The difference between wins and losses for this group all year has been razor thin.

TJD was wide open twice and we missed him - the Kopp play but also the XJ lop was there and the pass was just off. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

TJD was wide open twice and we missed him - the Kopp play but also the XJ lop was there and the pass was just off. 

We had every chance to win. I got blasted by several after the Syracuse game when I said learning how to win close games down the stretch is something that is learned and over the past few years they have not been in position to do that. It has shown to be true this year. Learning how to win and learning how to lose are both very contagious. 

• Like 4