Big Ten 2021-2022

I'm not a cancel guy so I don't want Howard losing his job. Suspend him or whatever but don't want career ending for that.

I will say this though. Woodson has been criticized by some of our opposing teams fanbases for not shaking hands after game? Maybe wise for all teams to just say good game and move along? 

• Like 3

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

I agree with you 100% about Wisconsin having punks like Davison and if it was a case where Diabate threw a punch at Davison, it’d be bad but I could understand it cuz they’re kids. Coaches can’t be throwing punches regardless of what happens. 

I agree he can’t throw a punch. I can’t be more clear about that.

You also don’t piss someone off then grab them as they try to walk away. That causes physical altercations. 

• Like 2

Just now, KoB2011 said:

I haven’t excused it. I’m just also able to realize when you don’t escalate a situation then grab the person you just pissed off.

i didn't see it.  Did Gard grab him in an agressive manner?  If so, he is just as responsible as the punches thrown.  The instigator usually gets away with it in real time but not when film reviewed

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I haven’t excused it. I’m just also able to realize when you don’t escalate a situation then grab the person you just pissed off.

Howard is an adult leading young man. He needs to have a cooler head than what he does. Because of his anger his players followed his lead and started throwing punches, they will be suspended because of his anger.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

In a vacuum, sure. But Wisconsin does cheap shit to get under your skin all the time, then Gard put his hands on Howard for expressing that Gard leads a cheap program. Gard and Wisconsin escalated the situation. 

Yeah they do. Like Davidson pretending to fight through a screen and elbowing Dickerson below the waist earlier in that game. They are ridiculous with their cheap shots 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

i didn't see it.  Did Gard grab him in an agressive manner?  If so, he is just as responsible as the punches thrown.  The instigator usually gets away with it in real time but not when film reviewed

Yes he did. Howard was walking by him and he very clearly grabbed him and forced him to stop. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoosier51 said:

Howard is an adult leading young man. He needs to have a cooler head that what he does. Because of his anger his players followed his lead and started throwing punches, they will be suspended because of his anger.

Haven’t disagreed with that once.

The argument here is one side recognizing Wisconsin as an instigator while still calling Michigan guilty in addition to Wisconsin, and then you guys arguing with me saying Wisconsin is innocent. It’s laughable and I’m sure I could find a week old game thread where you guys didn’t feel this way about the choir boys of Madison. 

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Then he is as reposible as the punch thrown.  Both should be suspended the remainder of the season and fined heavily. But this would be their 1 get out of losing your job free card

I agree that should happen but I’ve never seen Wisconsin do anything other than play the victim card. I expect no different here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Did he put his hands on him in a threatening manner. You are a D1 coach and you can't handle that without wanting to fight. That speaks volumes to character 

While true, there is something to be said for knowing someone is pissed and then grabbing them aggressively and expecting them to be calm and cool headed.  Should he have been slapped, no, but he should have just let the man walk by and not grabbed him.  No person has the right to invade someone else's space just because they believe they need something from them.

• Like 1

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

Did he put his hands on him in a threatening manner. You are a D1 coach and you can't handle that without wanting to fight. That speaks volumes to character 

Howard said he was threatened.

The video shows him trying to leave the situation and Gard not allowing him too.

I haven’t a single time said Howard was innocent. I just don’t understand you guys defending putting your hands on someone who is trying to leave a situation. If Gard doesn’t do that it never happens. So yeah, I personally say both are not okay. 

• Like 1

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Haven’t disagreed with that once.

The argument here is one side recognizing Wisconsin as an instigator while still calling Michigan guilty in addition to Wisconsin, and then you guys arguing with me saying Wisconsin is innocent. It’s laughable and I’m sure I could find a week old game thread where you guys didn’t feel this way about the choir boys of Madison. 

I don't see anyone on here saying Wisconsin are choir boys, everyone on here knows what they are. 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Howard said he was threatened.

The video shows him trying to leave the situation and Gard not allowing him too.

I haven’t a single time said Howard was innocent. I just don’t understand you guys defending putting your hands on someone who is trying to leave a situation. If Gard doesn’t do that it never happens. So yeah, I personally say both are not okay. 

Howard threatened by Gard? Really? I’m sure if he really wanted to leave the situation he could’ve. What does he have, 10 inches and probably 60 pounds on him? 

• Like 2

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

Howard threatened by Gard? Really? I’m sure if he really wanted to leave the situation he could’ve. What does he have, 10 inches and probably 60 pounds on him? 

Where was he going to go to leave without it getting physical once Gard put his hands on him and got on his way? I don’t really see another way considering the scorers table was on the other side.

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

The fact that he said he was threatened is laughable. Was he threatened when he went after the Maryland bench last season. The man has an anger issue that he needs to get under control.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hoosier51 said:

Is that any different then you accusing people on here of thinking the Badgers are choir boys. 

No, that’s exactly my point. I’m saying Wisconsin is guilty too and you guys are arguing with me and saying only Howard is in the wrong.

Wisconsin ain’t innocent here at all is the only point I’m trying to make. 

• Like 2