Big Ten 2021-2022

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Then don't go through the hand shake line because u know it's coming. He is the one that put his finger.im Gards face  to say he would not forget. Plenty of coached have been pissed off and skip the line or do the fly by he choose to confront Gard

whatever man.  You have your opinion and i have mine.  Done wit this conversation.  Peace out

• Like 1

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

So, how does one know that a person does/doesn’t want to be touched? Isn’t that kind of an after the fact bit of information you learn about a person? 

I have a client who is a member of Mensa. For their meetings, members wear a button, green light, yellow light or red light. Approachable, maybe, and don’t come near me. Is that really where this needs to go?

shouldn't you go through life thinking its not appropriate to just grab someone?  Whether they like it or not?  

• Like 1

Just now, IowaHoosierFan said:

shouldn't you go through life thinking its not appropriate to just grab someone?  Whether they like it or not?  

Kind of depends on who it is.  If Roseanne Barr grabs me, I'm going to take offense, 

By contrast, if Allie LaForce grabs me, I'll get excited, but in an entirely different way.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

I'm the ass that said whatever man like were kids. I find that funny. The aggressive part was purely tongue in cheek. 

Thank you for the fine conversation.  At this point, I don't believe that there is any reason for us to continue this conversation with our differencing line of thinking.  Please enjoy your day and your opinion.

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Rather go through life thinking that I am not a threat nor are the people I am dealing with, unless proven otherwise 

i am not saying you should think about whether you're a thread or not. I just stated that i never think its ok to just grab someone, unless i know them personally.  But hey, we all have different thought processes on when its ok to touch someone. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

i am not saying you should think about whether you're a thread or not. I just stated that i never think its ok to just grab someone, unless i know them personally.  But hey, we all have different thought processes on when its ok to touch someone. 

Agree. I think that the disagreement is in how a person chooses to react to the situation. Howard may not have liked the way Gard approached him, but there were a lot of better ways he could have shown it. 

• Like 1

Anyone that has coached and gone through the handshake understands what goes on their. What Gard did common place. I had a 60 something year old man been coaching about 40 years shake my hand and hold on to it and everyone in the building thought he was inviting me over for Sunday supper and when in reality he said ifnyou ever try to run the score up on me again I will personally F you up. I politely patted him on the back said like you did last year on us and I told you I wouldn't forget. At no point did I need to punch this man for being in my space. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

You're correct.  It's pretty much just common sense. Howard deserves whatever he gets, but don't grab a man when he's mad. It's only going to throw gas on the fire

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Sports Reference has him listed as a guard...

And on a college basketball team, especially nowadays where many players are interchangeable, players are competing for minutes with everyone on the roster...

I'd think Illini fans would rather have Frazier run the point and give Melendez more minutes in the guard rotation than Curbelo...

Curbelo has been terrible...

All guard are not equal. Curbelo is a PG, right now his role is a change of pace and to give Frazier some rest. He's also come in for Plummer at times because Phons is a terrible defender and teams have been attacking him.

Melendez is a 6'7" wing who's earned more minutes in the rotation subbing in for Grandison or Williams. He can play a small ball 4 at times but is really a true 3.

So again, there's zero overlap in their minutes.

Hey how about that Juwan Howard, eh?