Big Ten 2021-2022

11 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

I wonder if Howard was this triggered toward Webbers TO lol. 😁

I think the timeout blame and Gard being a short fella are being well over played lol.

No doubt there was a building frustration and likely player mouthing (remember the FU towards the IU bench from Davidson) that didn’t help. There was more to it than a timeout.

Howard was wrong for throwing a hand but Wisconsin isn’t an innocent victim.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Agree to disagree. You let guys act like punks all the time, which is exactly what Wisconsin athletics is, then don’t complain when you get a reaction.

Wisconsin seeks out to be an irritant and piss people off. They don’t get to wash their hands of what they cause, at least in my mind. 

Look man, I hate Wiscy as much as you, but all Gard was trying to do was defuse the situation / explain after Howard was barking at him for calling a TO. I would have called a TO too if I had my walk-ons in up 15 points with 30 secs left and the other team was pressing with their starters. Again, I hate Davis, Davison … and everything Wisconsin, but saying he put his hands on him is petty. Howard / UM got their rear ends busted and he handled it extremely poorly. He should at minimum be suspended the rest of the year for that crap. 

Edited by kyhoosier29
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Inequality said:

I think the timeout blame and Gard being a short fella are being well over played lol.

No doubt there was a building frustration and likely player mouthing (remember the FU towards the IU bench from Davidson) that didn’t help. There was more to it than a timeout.

Howard was wrong for throwing a hand but Wisconsin isn’t an innocent victim.

Actually mine was just said as a joke and I thought it was pretty obvious, but I guess not lol. 😁

Edited by Hoosier51

7 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Look man, I hate Wiscy as much as you, but all Gard was trying to do was defuse the situation / explain after Howard was barking at him for calling a TO. I would have called a TO too if I had my walk-ons in up 15 points with 30 secs left and the other team was pressing with their starters. Again, I hate Davis, Davison … and everything Wisconsin, but saying he put his hands on him is petty. Howard / UM got their rear ends busted and he handled it extremely poorly. He should at minimum be suspended the rest of the year for that crap. 

How do we know what Gard was trying to do?

There isn’t any need in anyone taking offense to this conversation. None of us were there. There isn’t a transcript of what was exchanged. Just some friendly bored on a Sunday chatter.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Inequality said:

How do we know what Gard was trying to do?

There isn’t any need in anyone taking offense to this conversation. None of us were there. There isn’t a transcript of what was exchanged. Just some friendly bored on a Sunday chatter.

Your second sentence is fantastic. 

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm thinking we need Purdue to win...I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Rutgers gets Michigan this week. I don't want Rutgers visiting the hall thinking they have a chance at league title.

Truthfully, we've wanted Purdue to win every game since we beat them. 

• Like 1

Mich. MBB have cheated for so many years and have been REWARDED with the FAB5 SHOWS and such!  IU was never to being a cheating school  until CMK was at the end of IU's love for him.   IU should be MICH. and cheat!! I SAY NEVER RANT  OVER!!!  

Edited by loviubb

At least the Michigan AD sees it correctly...

"Michigan athletic director Warde Manuel said in a statement that he apologized to Wisconsin AD Chris McIntosh, and university president Mary Sue Coleman was reaching out to Wisconsin chancellor Rebecca Blank.

"I am aware of and watched the end of our men's basketball game. There is no excuse for any of our staff or student-athletes to get into a physical altercation with others regardless of instigating factors."

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I’m not defending Howard, and whatever Gard’s intent was is irrelevant because it escalated the situation.

Bottom line: Howard was wrong. Don’t touch a person who doesn’t want to be touched. That’s never an okay thing to do.