Big Ten 2021-2022

So there is a fight on the court.  Cooler heads are trying to get everyone to just go to their locker room.  Yet obviously things are still tense.  And Davison wants to go to the end of the court where Michigan is exiting to sing some school song.  To me he is just intentionally rubbing salt in the wound.  Did anyone else notice that?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I think you are trying to play the Holy moral high ground, I get it and that is probably the right way to think about things like this.

BUT, this is a message board, on an IU site, We ALL hate Wisky and most hate Meatchicken. I don't think any of us are looking for a father figure to teach us morals. We just really want to hate Wisky!

Brad Davison is a dirty SOB!

Just expressing an opinion, brother, like everyone else on here...

I would have hated to seen anyone on either side get seriously hurt over something as trivial as a timeout...

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Just expressing an opinion, brother, like everyone else on here...

I would have hated to seen anyone on either side get seriously hurt over something as trivial as a timeout...

Oh I know you are, I just hope you equally understand, the fandom REALLY wants to hate on; Davison is a dirty SOB. There are no "right side" of this, only lesser sides of wrong. 

Davison is a dirty SOB ! .... who was educated to be that way by his coach! Just like he was coached to shoot free throws. Being a dirty SOB is part of their game plan.

Frankly, I would do the exact same thing because I am short, fat and can't jump. But I'll slit your through for a win. That is probably what made Davison's play so easy for me to spot. He's my kinda dirty, and I hate that.. Kinda.    

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

So there is a fight on the court.  Cooler heads are trying to get everyone to just go to their locker room.  Yet obviously things are still tense.  And Davison wants to go to the end of the court where Michigan is exiting to sing some school song.  To me he is just intentionally rubbing salt in the wound.  Did anyone else notice that?

Didn’t see this. Have a link?

1.  Coach your team…don’t worry about timeouts.  It’s D1 basketball…no crying allowed 
2.  Gard should let Howard blow through the line.  They can talk later if he really feels the need to 

3.  Howard is the leader of his team and represents a Big Ten university…act like it !

4.  Davison elbow is premeditated.  He drills him with the pointy tip in the ribs 

I will never give Draymond, Grayson, CP3 or Davison the benefit of the doubt….multiple offenders!

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Oh I agree. Professionalism should always prevail. Since it didn’t today we get to toss it around a bit.

The video is the only thing I have to go on as I wasn’t there.

I hear the commentary of Howard appears to be avoiding the handshake line. Then you see Howard while looking straight forward make an attempt to breeze though the line without incident. Only, he was stopped by Gard. Gard, who judging by the bobbling of his head, wasn’t singing the Michigan fight song.

Call it what you will. I see Howard make a mistake but a mistake that could have been avoided had Gard not made it a point to not let him walk on by. Which, in this particular case and in my opinion, makes both parties at fault.

Just because Howard did the biting, doesn’t mean the taunting gets overlooked.

It was more than just taunting though, Gard physically grabbed Howard and tried to stop him from walking past.

Also, not sure what the OSU assistant that actually got hit was up to, but he clearly had his hands on a Michigan player right before Howard swung. 

If I was in charge of the world, Gard would be out 2-5 games; the OSU assistant would be the same with potential for more after I heard more audio; and Howard would be out the year, but I probably wouldn't fire him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Ok, would the players have started fighting based on what Gard did?

I didn't see Krabbenhoft do anything, but whatever you're accusing him of, would that have spurred the players to throw punches?

We both know the answer, but somehow you seem bent on trying to lessen Howard's guilt by pointing the finger at Gard and Krabbenhoft...

And we haven't even gotten into Howard's responsibilities as a leader...

Krabbenhoft made contact with two Michigan players before Howard swiped at him…

• Thanks 1

Hopefully this causes the league to clean up the Wisconsin team and start calling all the dirty stuff they do. I am not justifying Michigan's post game response, but the stuff that Wisconsin gets away with every game is going result in some dissatisfied people.

Even Gard's post-game where he was going to "splain" the rules to Coach Howard explains why I hate Wisconsin.

Edited by GaloisGroupe
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

He should be fired in my opinion. As much as I hate Wiscy, Gard was simply trying to explain / smooth the friction. A head coach swinging as somebody is ridiculous. Great example for your kids buddy. 

I agree he should be fired, just like when Woody Hayes hit the Clemson player.

57 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

It was more than just taunting though, Gard physically grabbed Howard and tried to stop him from walking past.

Also, not sure what the OSU assistant that actually got hit was up to, but he clearly had his hands on a Michigan player right before Howard swung. 

If I was in charge of the world, Gard would be out 2-5 games; the OSU assistant would be the same with potential for more after I heard more audio; and Howard would be out the year, but I probably wouldn't fire him.

What about the Wisconsin assistant that did the 'Triple H suck it'?

• Like 1

I wish I saw the scrum live.  So I missed the context from the game.  But looking at the clips:

1.  I’ve said this before but the handshake line has run its course.  Let’s stop pretending this is biddy ball or little league.  
2. Juwan deserves a suspension.  No, he shouldn’t lose his job.  That’s soft.  Sadly, Bob Knights chair throw will be more remembered than this.  
3. Gard instigated it and his post game explanation was disingenuous at best.  There’s no other word for it than he was a bitch.  That’s the perfect word for his actions today.  
4.  Krabbenoff should also be suspended.  Instead of coming in to break things up, like a normal adult would do, he escalated it.   
5.  I’d probably suspend Howard and Diabate 3 games, Krabbenoff 2 games and Gard one game.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I had to work so I was listening to the game but didn't UM foul with like 4 seconds to go.  Also just get rid the handshake line and remember a time in college that they didn't do it.

Yeah they fouled on the inbound play and then after the FTs scored and set up their press with a little over one second left, all with their starters while the Bagers had backups in. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1