Big Ten 2021-2022

11 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Juwan deserves a suspension.  No, he shouldn’t lose his job.

UM has an automatic dismissal for any workplace violence, so if they are going to stick to their rules then yes he should be fired.

It's kind of funny that on Michigan boards quite a few of them and possibly the majority of them thinks he should be fired. And on here where there is more hatred for the Badgers there is more that don't lol.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hoosier51 said:

UM has an automatic dismissal for any workplace violence, so if they are going to stick to their rules then yes he should be fired.

There is no way I would fire him for that.  You’re trying to play gotcha on something that is for a different context.  If a professor belted an assistant or even a coach belted a player, that would be different.   

He was trying to get through the line. Gard grabbed him and wouldn’t let him go through. Krabbenoff could have just come in and grabbed Gard and walked him away.  But for those two actions, nothing would have happened.  He shouldn’t have swung and that’s indefensible.  Suspension for sure.   But fire him?   Hell no. I wouldn’t even consider it.

I look forward to seeing Wisconsin go into Ann Arbor next year.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

There is no way I would fire him for that.  You’re trying to play gotcha on something that is for a different context.  If a professor belted an assistant or even a coach belted a player, that would be different.   

He was trying to get through the line. Gard grabbed him and wouldn’t let him go through. Krabbenoff could have just come in and grabbed Gard and walked him away.  But for those two actions, nothing would have happened.  He shouldn’t have swung and that’s indefensible.  Suspension for sure.   But fire him?   Hell no. I wouldn’t even consider it.

I look forward to seeing Wisconsin go into Ann Arbor next year.  

Gard grab his arm and they both started going at it, then Howard backs away only to fight back through his players to take a swing. Then after that he goes after someone else, which we can't see what happens there because of people being in the way. He 100% should be fired, if UM goes by their own rules. He is an employee at his job that committed a violent act, no matter how sever it was.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Gard grab his arm and they both started going at it, then Howard backs away only to fight back through his players to take a swing. Then after that he goes after someone else, which we can't see what happens there because of people being in the way. He 100% should be fired, if UM goes by their own rules. He is an employee at his job that committed a violent act, no matter how sever it was.

Do you really think the head basketball coaches contract is covered by all of the same employment rules as a maintenance guy on campus?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

That’s an extremely one sided, unrealistic view of what happened.  You sound biased against either Michigan or Howard.  He should not have swung but he didn’t slap an innocent man by a long shot.  

Krabbenoff learned what Mike Tyson made famous, “everyone has a plan until they get hit in the face.”  A truly brilliant observation that’s a metaphor for life.  But this is exactly what happened to Krabbenoff.  

I am not going to keep going back and forth with you.  You do you. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

That’s an extremely one sided, unrealistic view of what happened.  You sound biased against either Michigan or Howard.  He should not have swung but he didn’t slap an innocent man by a long shot.  

Krabbenoff learned what Mike Tyson made famous, “everyone has a plan until they get hit in the face.”  A truly brilliant observation that’s a metaphor for life.  But this is exactly what happened to Krabbenoff.  

I am not going to keep going back and forth with you.  You do you. 

Nothing bias about it. But the post of yours I originally responded to was definitely biased towards the Badgers.

You go ahead and do you.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1

Good Lord this Howard conversation is still going on?  

I'd be more impressed and say Howard deserves to be fired if suplexed Gard on the scorers table. Instead he open handed slapped him like a teenage girl.

@KoB2011, I agree with you and think many are missing your point. Gard escalated by going hands on.  I'm one of those don't lay you're hands on me types for any reason. 

Juwan tried to blow by him and should have found a way to de-escalate.  In the end both are at fault. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

Good Lord this Howard conversation is still going on?  

I'd be more impressed and say Howard deserves to be fired if suplexed Gard on the scorers table. Instead he open handed slapped him like a teenage girl.

@KoB2011, I agree with you and think many are missing your point. Gard escalated by going hands on.  I'm one of those don't lay you're hands on me types for any reason. 

Juwan tried to blow by him and should have found a way to de-escalate.  In the end both are at fault. 

How many times do I have to say this? 

IT"S PURDUE"S FAULT!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Well you sure seem to think you know what is in the contract. Howard is very likely a different class of employee than whatever rule you are referencing covers. 

Hey smartass all I said was that UM has a rule, any workplace violence is immediate dismissal. Howard is one of their employees so it is easy to assume that he is covered in that.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Hey smartass all I said was that UM has a rule, any workplace violence is immediate dismissal. Howard is one of their employees so it is easy to assume that he is covered in that.

That isn't always true. My old workplace had a violence and drug policy. 

I witnessed several fights, and one guy overdosed on heroine in the parking lot. None of them got fired. 

Edited by mrflynn03
Spelling
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

I don't know the language of their rule, but rules have context. The rule, regardless of the exact language, would treat retaliation differently than an instigator. It would treat violence in an athletic setting differently than violence in an academic one. There is no chance the school has a rule that is so broad and absolute that it would require Howard to be fired. They might want to make a PR move and fire him - they might be even be happy to have an out to ditch him (though, I doubt they are there), but there is no chance the rule binds them to action.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

That isn't always true. My old workplace had a violence and drug policy. 

I witnessed several fights, and one guy overdosed on herion in the parking lot. None of them got fired. 

I would imagine a lot of places ignore it. It wouldn't surprise me if Michigan did, they did ignore the Bo and Anderson accusations.

2 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

I would imagine a lot of places ignore it. It wouldn't surprise me if Michigan did, they did ignore the Bo and Anderson accusations.

As long as they are making money off these fools right?

The Wisconsin guy that did the Triple XXX crotch chop needs fired immediately though. What a douche. 

• Like 1