Big Ten 2021-2022

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I guess we just the bottom teams differently.  I don't see Iowa or UW being hood at all but I could be wrong.  UW had no proven big guys and only had 3 guys who played any minutes last year.

The top 8 are probably tourney teams, Iowa and Wisconsin bubblers.  Some even talking of northwestern as a possibility.  11 tourney teams isnt deep?  I dont get the rationale.  Lets revisit this in 5 months.  

B1G is about guaranteed 8 seeds.  Post covid, transfer city is going to make for an exciting year.  Can the Mayor put some semblance together?  

I come back to, how many teams are better, the same, or worse than last year and across the board, cases can be made for more positives than not, and you have made little or no attempt to change my mind other than say you don't see it.  Make an argument, Google some rosters, see what they lost and gained.  Isnt it the Feinstein guy that has already done the work?

31 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

The top 8 are probably tourney teams, Iowa and Wisconsin bubblers.  Some even talking of northwestern as a possibility.  11 tourney teams isnt deep?  I dont get the rationale.  Lets revisit this in 5 months.  

B1G is about guaranteed 8 seeds.  Post covid, transfer city is going to make for an exciting year.  Can the Mayor put some semblance together?  

I come back to, how many teams are better, the same, or worse than last year and across the board, cases can be made for more positives than not, and you have made little or no attempt to change my mind other than say you don't see it.  Make an argument, Google some rosters, see what they lost and gained.  Isnt it the Feinstein guy that has already done the work?

I don't need to Google because I know what teams lost and gained.

IU better.

PU better.

UM worse.

UI worse.

OSU stayed the same or a little worse.

Iowa way worse.

UW way worse.

Neb. Might be a little better.

NW a little better.

Maryland worse.

MSU a little worse.

Rutgers worse

PSU worse.

Minnesota total disaster.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't need to Google because I know what teams lost and gained.

IU better.

PU better.

UM worse.

UI worse.

OSU stayed the same or a little worse.

Iowa way worse.

UW way worse.

Neb. Might be a little better.

NW a little better.

Maryland worse.

MSU a little worse.

Rutgers worse

PSU worse.

Minnesota total disaster.

Thanks.  I disagree or slightly disagree with 5 of your picks but history supports no amount of conversation will ever sway your opinion.  But at least you made your picks.  Looking forward to seeing it play out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Thanks.  I disagree or slightly disagree with 5 of your picks but history supports no amount of conversation will ever sway your opinion.  But at least you made your picks.  Looking forward to seeing it play out.

Just stating my opinion and could go more in detail bit I am out on the road working right now

• Like 1

Some of you are selling us short.  We swept Iowa last season who were the B1G favorites and could've swept a #1 seed Illinois team.  And that was with one of the worst coaches I've seen and a group of players that seemed completely disinterested and hated their coach. We also lost no one but Armaan and added 5 quality players.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't sell Rutgers too short. They lost Myles Johnson, Jacob Young, and Montez Mathis, but Geo Baker and Ron Harper Jr are back. I like both Paul Mulcahy and Caleb McConnell as role players. If Cliff Omoruyi can play passable defense inside, I think they can be a .500 club or better...Pikiell is a pretty good coach...

But they do lack depth and didn't get much in recruiting...

They were pretty sore they were ranked behind us on their media day...

😯

• Like 1

My hope for IU this year is that our veteran players who returned will play with more confidence and just more relaxed.  I hope it is like how Fife, Coverdale and Hornsby played under Davis.  It just seemed like they played more free and just with way more confidence.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 2

I'm not a huge Mike DeCoursy fan, but I thought this was some pretty good analysis...talks about Rob Phinisee a lot (quotes another writer who said, "Phinisee needs to be as audacious on the court as he is with his wardrobe.") and cites the confidence factor that Woody is trying to instill in Rob. Some good insight on XJ too...You gotta get past the first few minutes of glad-handing before the good stuff...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

What was it? This is a couple days old and it says tomorrow…didn’t see an update. Thanks!

The Hoosier Hysterics are hosting a Hoosier Hysteria type event with the team at Assembly Hall in early November. 

The players will do autographs, dunk contest, skills comp, 3pt contest and scrimmage. Mark Cuban is supporting the event, etc.

Basically a cool event, probably Hoosier Hysteria but done better, and all so the players can make money (tickets will have a price, I've heard an auction to come down on the court and participate with the team, etc.)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

The Hoosier Hysterics are hosting a Hoosier Hysteria type event with the team at Assembly Hall in early November. 

The players will do autographs, dunk contest, skills comp, 3pt contest and scrimmage. Mark Cuban is supporting the event, etc.

Basically a cool event, probably Hoosier Hysteria but done better, and all so the players can make money (tickets will have a price, I've heard an auction to come down on the court and participate with the team, etc.)

Cool cool…I could see some great appearance opportunities…like having the men or women’s team to show up and speak to a high school team or just having some guys stop by for pictures at bday parties etc. I’m sure some of the corporate sponsors would love some meet and greets.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Cool cool…I could see some great appearance opportunities…like having the men or women’s team to show up and speak to a high school team or just having some guys stop by for pictures at bday parties etc. I’m sure some of the corporate sponsors would love some meet and greets.

Miller Kopp had a vlog where I believe him and Bates did a meet and greet at a Columbus, IN business 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-no-1-358-rankings-preseason-countdown-concludes-with-top-68-teams-for-2021-22-season/

IU #23 and 5 B1G teams ahead of us.

Our two best OOC opponents, St. John's and Syracuse come in at 49 and 46 respectively.

👀

"Can't wait to see this group in less than a month; after all, they are my national champion dark horse pick."

• Like 2