Big Ten 2021-2022

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The out of bounds can't be reviewed...but wasn't it vs Wisconsin against us?

Yeah - it's not reviewable to see if someone stepped out, only to see who it is off of. 

I am sure now that it happened in a game with Purdue and Sparty the league office will quickly inform officials of the rule. 

• Like 1

Just now, 02Hoosier said:

Can someone explain how there were two turnovers in the last second… I’m watching the espn app  and it doesn’t give any details

Purdue was inbounding under its own basket with 1.4 to play. The pass went off Ivey's hands and out of bounds just past mid-court with 0.4 left. MSU, for God only knows what reason, threw an inbounds pass right at their own basket and into the opposite corner. Had to chase it down to keep it from going out of bounds, but the guy who touched it had stepped on the baseline first, so the ball went back to Purdue with 0.4 still on the clock. Purdue's next inbounds pass hit Hall in the back of the head and the game finally ended. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Just another incredible break for Purdue in a season that's been full of them. Luckily MSU pulled it out. 

I still can't believe that inbounds pass. WHY are you throwing it toward your own basket?! Just throw it toward theirs, and when someone touches it, the game's over! 

Purdue never gets unlucky breaks I guess. 

Edited by Stlboiler23
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Purdue7 said:

Define hook & hold?

I guess it means foul on Edey?

you can run motion against everyone but Rutgers Sparty Bucky O$U IU 

you have to pound it inside and hope the refs realize 2 hands in back is a foul 

too many Turnovers & missed 3’s

Going from 2 shots for Purdue plus possession to MSU getting 2 fee throws was quite the lucky break for us. 

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Well, I guess today wasn't so lucky after all. You actually played a team at full strength for once. 

Nothing about the blatant hook and hold? 

Sure we’ve had some lucky breaks but the opposite is true too. Losing on a prayer to Rutgers, Phinisee turning into an All-Star for a game, the hook and hold that just happened, etc… I think your IU fandom only allows you to see the times it helps Purdue and not when it hurts them. 

Edited by Stlboiler23
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Watching Girls State 

1.  I actually know an LCC player who will play soccer at UL next year 👍

2. 2 teams from pocket conference 

3.  Rabbit hole led to Washington HS and an Indiana Legend I’d never heard of   “Big Dave” DeJernett 

Big Dave well-known in these parts...Broke the color barrier at WHS and led the team to it's first state championship, long before the Zellers ruled the Hatchet House.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_"Big_Dave"_DeJernett

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Big Dave well-known in these parts...Broke the color barrier at WHS and led the team to it's first state championship, long before the Zellers ruled the Hatchet House.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_"Big_Dave"_DeJernett

And if I'm not mistaken DeJenette was the first African American to play on a state title winner...

I have Herb Schwomeyer's book "Hoosier Hysteria" around here somewhere...