Big Ten 2021-2022

6 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I don't mind seeing the badgers go backwards for awhile.  They've had more than their share of the spotlight recently.

Loyola absolutely manhandled them though...they must be pretty tough.

Imagine they are favorites in their conference. Funny though didn’t we destroy them in our exhibition last year though and they still made noise in the tourney.

17 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I don't mind seeing the badgers go backwards for awhile.  They've had more than their share of the spotlight recently.

Loyola absolutely manhandled them though...they must be pretty tough.

I think they take a BIG step backwards...

They're replacing their 2 bigs, Reuvers and Potter, who accounted for 21 ppg total with a sophomore, Steven Crowl, who barely saw the floor last year, and Chris Vogt, who averaged a whopping 5 ppg for Cincinnati as a part time starter...

Add losing the leadership and end of game scoring of D'Mitrik Trice (14 ppg) and their depth in Aleem Ford, and the fact their recruiting brought 4 3 star recruits, and I think it adds up to a long year for the Badgers...

Tyler Wahl and Johnathan Davis are nice players, and Brad Davison is a gutty kid (but age may be catching up to him ;)) but I don't see them in the top half of the B1G at all...Someone else (Ben Carlson?) may emerge, but I'm thinking 8th or lower..

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think they take a BIG step backwards...

They're replacing their 2 bigs, Reuvers and Potter, who accounted for 21 ppg total with a sophomore, Steven Crowl, who barely saw the floor last year, and Chris Vogt, who averaged a whopping 5 ppg for Cincinnati as a part time starter...

Add losing the leadership and end of game scoring of D'Mitrik Trice (14 ppg) and their depth in Aleem Ford, and the fact their recruiting brought 4 3 star recruits, and I think it adds up to a long year for the Badgers...

Tyler Wahl and Johnathan Davis are nice players, and Brad Davison is a gutty kid (but age may be catching up to him ;)) but I don't see them in the top half of the B1G at all...Someone else (Ben Carlson?) may emerge, but I'm thinking 8th or lower..

Trice is going to be a big loss for them and as for Davison i would think that arthritis might start to set in on him this year so that will set him back. 😀

I think they will probably finish somewhere in the middle of the pack in  the B1G.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Did y’all see Illinois win their exhibition 101-34? 

This is what I see when I hear about Illinois. Underwood, Ayo 2nd Round after 3 years....and Kofi still doesn't know how to play or defend high ball screens.

They'll get some headlines for sure at some point this year....but if Underwood can't beat Loyola with that talent? How he convinces anyone to join his tribe is puzzling for sure. 

Loyola.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Cockburn facing a suspension?

And the Illini beat DII Indiana Pa 94-79...

Selling all his Illini gear because he wasn't coming back only to get suspended because he came back would have to be one for the ages....even in Illini world.

PS....would be so NCAA to suspend a kid for selling tshirts out of his trunk for chump change yet we have guys like Will Wade, the entire Louisville basketball program,etc....not even being penalized.

If I were an Illini fan I'd be more concerned about giving up 80 points to a D2 squad and Curbelo's 10 turnovers.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Selling all his Illini gear because he wasn't coming back only to get suspended because he came back would have to be one for the ages....even in Illini world.

PS....would be so NCAA to suspend a kid for selling tshirts out of his trunk for chump change yet we have guys like Will Wade, the entire Louisville basketball program,etc....not even being penalized.

If I were an Illini fan I'd be more concerned about giving up 80 points to a D2 squad and Curbelo's 10 turnovers.

It would be one for the ages... especially if they follow precedent...

If a football player gets 5 games, or basically 40% of their season, for the same transgressions (as cited in the article), what does a basketball player get? 5 meaningless pre B1G games or do they go the same 40%?

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

If a football player gets 5 games, or basically 40% of their season, for the same transgressions (as cited in the article), what does a basketball player get? 5 meaningless pre B1G games or do they go the same 40%?

No clue. My uncle mentioned this to me last month and I dismissed it as this can't be serious? Guess it is....which again is just plain stupid to spend more than 5 minutes on this type of stuff.

42 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Considering the proximity of the NIL, I'm guessing a slap on the wrist to nothing.

• Like 2