Big Ten 2021-2022

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Izzo was on DD show a couple of weeks ago and DD asked him why he always calls timeouts at the end of the game.  Izzo day today's players can't be trusted to remember what to do at the end of the games.  He said he would call TO until they get a belt that you can text players on the court.

To me, that's just micromanaging. These guys spend hours upon hours practicing and playing together, both during the season and in the offseason. No way they need 30-60 seconds to be reminded of what to do in late game situations. 

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

To me, that's just micromanaging. These guys spend hours upon hours practicing and playing together, both during the season and in the offseason. No way they need 30-60 seconds to be reminded of what to do in late game situations. 

I think he means that their attention span is not great and he rather make sure they know what he wants done.

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Furthermore, IU does not have the personal that have been good under pressure.  Call a timeout, sets up the extended defense.  Problem was, needed to move faster.  Lesson learned by team.  Hopefully, it's part of the journey as the tourney is in reach.

25 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Izzo gifted Purdue a timeout by doing it earlier today. Is it really expecting too much of college basketball players to know what they need to do in the final 1.4 seconds? 

I don’t think Izzo would have done it if there wasn’t a review to put more time on. The game had already stopped at that point. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I am confident you do not use McHale’s moves…

Not know at 51 but when I was actually playing I did and they worked.  I never said these players would be as good as those players but players always watch what great players did when they played.  Nobody is going to be as good as Jordan but have heard many players talk about watching old tapes of Jordan.

50 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not know at 51 but when I was actually playing I did and they worked.  I never said these players would be as good as those players but players always watch what great players did when they played.  Nobody is going to be as good as Jordan but have heard many players talk about watching old tapes of Jordan.

So just to make sure I’ve got this right, you have Kevin McHale’s post moves and are a dead eye three point shooter?

You’re probably the biggest recruiting miss in program history. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

50 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So then, players today are watching what today’s stars are doing, and trying to emulate them. They certainly aren’t watching what guys did 30-40 years ago 

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

So just to make sure I’ve got this right, you have Kevin McHale’s post moves and are a dead eye three point shooter?

You’re probably the biggest recruiting miss in program history. 

LOL! If you watch those moves they aren't hard to use.  I am talking about playing against guys my size playing pickup, never said I was a great player.  

6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

The more I watch it, the more I can’t believe it. The LAST thing that should’ve been called there was a foul on Edey. 

I'd say the stuff he gets away with on a regular basis simply because he's so much taller more than compensates for this one call. His go to post move is literally clearing the defender out with an elbow to the upper chest.

They actually called it once today, but I saw it several times.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

I'd say the stuff he gets away with on a regular basis simply because he's so much taller more than compensates for this one call. His go to post move is literally clearing the defender out with an elbow to the upper chest.

They called him for 3 seconds too, which is a first...

3 hours ago, rogue3542 said:

What is he supposed to do with his elbows when he turns to face the basket? They’re naturally going to make contact with the defender and it looks worse because he’s so much taller than most of the guys who guard him. What’s the alternative?

5 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

What is he supposed to do with his elbows when he turns to face the basket? They’re naturally going to make contact with the defender and it looks worse because he’s so much taller than most of the guys who guard him. What’s the alternative?

I really don't care what he's supposed to do. It's a foul.

Also, no, he does it on purpose.

• Haha 1