Big Ten 2021-2022

6 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

What is he supposed to do with his elbows when he turns to face the basket? They’re naturally going to make contact with the defender and it looks worse because he’s so much taller than most of the guys who guard him. What’s the alternative?

He should quit basketball and become a gymnast.  :coffee:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

What is he supposed to do with his elbows when he turns to face the basket? They’re naturally going to make contact with the defender and it looks worse because he’s so much taller than most of the guys who guard him. What’s the alternative?

If we had a player who caught the ball and put an elbow or shoulder into the chest or face of one of your players all game long, your fans, every last one of them, would be crying and bitching about it daily until the year 3206.  Of course, they'd have to come up with a new "clever" name besides "Hall of calls" because I'd assume we'll have a different building by then.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

That could definitely be part of it, but they also had a guy get kicked out against us for it so it's possible they got a lecture from Izzo about it. 

Guessing XJ & PS didn’t mind mixing it up 

Izzo laying down the law is a real possibility too especially after Michigan & Wisconsin crap 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rogue3542 said:

I really don't care what he's supposed to do. It's a foul.

Also, no, he does it on purpose.

You know he does it on purpose? Lol. He’s allowed to make a post move and his arms/elbows are naturally going to turn into a defender if the guy is guarding him closely. It’s unavoidable and won’t be called unless it’s excessive IMO. Haas did the same thing. 

13 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

You know he does it on purpose? Lol. He’s allowed to make a post move and his arms/elbows are naturally going to turn into a defender if the guy is guarding him closely. It’s unavoidable and won’t be called unless it’s excessive IMO. Haas did the same thing. 

Considering I've seen him capable of going up without throwing that elbow, yes, I'd say there's a high degree of certainty he's consciously doing it because he knows he'll get away with it, and I don't fault him for that. I fault the refs.

Again, I don't care how tall he is, throwing an elbow is a foul.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, rico said:

The Illini on the verge of pissing one away.

The Illini hang on...

Michigan is a Jekyll and Hyde team if there ever was one...

They played listless defense today...and Plummer, Cockburn, and Frazier made them pay. Offensively, they're as good as anybody in our league, but there are 2 ends of the floor...

And Dickinson seemed intimidated by Kofi...

5 minutes ago, rico said:

The Twerps hanging tough.  Up 5 with 7 min to go.

Now up 11 with 4 to go. Malaki Branham looks like a freshman today (but I'd still love to have him)...

Maryland can play like this all the time if they wanted...but Danny just can't get it out of them...I just don't think he's much of a coach...

If they're dead set on hiring a Manning, they should go with Archie...

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Iowa really turned it on in late February.  not their norm.  Rutgers sitting there in 7th will be a nice win if we can get it

Schedule helped out Iowa with 2 games vs Nebraska and 1 each w/ Minny and MD. Road win at Ohio St was impressive though.

Ugh, had to cheer for IU a while back now I have to say "Boiler Up!" for Tuesday. 😱

On 2/27/2022 at 2:19 AM, Stlboiler23 said:

You don't have the right to the defenders space. He can take a step back/dribble if he wants to face up. You can't turn and clear. You either have to go over your shoulder for a shot, step back, or you will have to clear the defender by bringing the ball low when facing up (a bad idea for most as you have to have strong hands to keep the ball and not get it knocked away...but I saw Tim Duncan use that swing through move quite a bit). In general I think all these bigs beat on each other a bit too much in the B1G....both ways. While I'm not trying to advocate for soft players the league is much much too physical as it is....advocating turning with your elbow is hardly something that should be considered. The offensive player has no right to turn and face if he has to go through the defender to do it. Don't turn your back to the basket...nobody made you do that. Not the defenders job to let you turn back around and back up and give you space. If you want to face up probably should move further out on the floor and defenders will likely back off and give you space....of course that probably doesn't help you unless you can knock down jumpers.