Big Ten 2021-2022

26 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Unreal. Teams shoot 68% from the line against UW and 79% against IU. 

Ivey was 17-19 vs Illinois, 3-9 last night.

Guess Purdue only gets motivated to play Illinois, they looked really flat. And Williams was absolutely awful. 

Have to tip the hat to Wisconsin I guess though I'm not sure they make it out of the first weekend in the NCAAs.

37 minutes ago, rico said:

Short handed?  Yes.  But the Bucks seem to have forgotten how to play defense.

Their defense has been bad all season.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

That last shot was the most Wisconsin thing ever

That stuff was what usually happens to IU...doesn't ever seem to happen to Purdue...but this year has been sort of fighting the basketball gods for them...like they woke up because it is March and said....Purdue is top 10 and chance to win it all......sorry...ZAP!!!!

Some weird finishes and almost seems they are snake bitten. 

53 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’m not lumping his shot in with the others in terms of luck factor or anything. Just that we’ve lost on multiple buzzer beater/end of game situations. Right before that, he missed a 3 and we had two guys fumble the ball out of bounds. I still think TJD being in foul trouble played a huge role in you guys winning that game. Offense seemed to flow much better with you guys going small ball/less post-oriented. My biggest gripe with that game was RP scoring 21% of his season point total in one game. 

If it makes you feel any better he must have hurt himself in the celebration afterwards because basically one game or so later and he went down with his foot injury and it killed all our momentum coming out of that game. We have been pretty terrible without him when he has missed games and much better with him. If we can get the team totally healthy I do think we can win a couple games in the tournament....but heck I'll be happy just to make it in!

17 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Ivey was 17-19 vs Illinois, 3-9 last night.

Guess Purdue only gets motivated to play Illinois, they looked really flat. And Williams was absolutely awful. 

Have to tip the hat to Wisconsin I guess though I'm not sure they make it out of the first weekend in the NCAAs.

Their defense has been bad all season.

I don’t know what’s up with Williams. He’s looked really bad the last few games. We had a chance for an easy layup to cut it to 1 late and he threw this god awful pass right at Mason’s feet. Like dude, you don’t have to throw this fancy bounce pass. Hit him in the hands.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

Who has been the biggest disappointment to their collective fan base this season. P Ustink or IU ? 

Biggest disappointment is that the NCAA and media haven't made a bigger deal out of Coach K retiring lol. Also how dare Duke not be undefeated?? I imagine that will be rectified in the coming month.

22 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

How could you not say PU They were expected to win the Big regular season. All the hype they got. 

There's a solid case for that.  Lots of final four talk as well.  If IU went into Hackey Smackey and upset Turdue, I think it would be case closed on who had the most disappointing season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

There's a solid case for that.  Lots of final four talk as well.  If IU went into Hackey Smackey and upset Turdue, I think it would be case closed on who had the most disappointing season.

Purdue probably gets hyped for the rivalry and senior night game against IU but can’t help but wonder if they’ll be any hangover from a high intensity game @ Wisky with no title to play for on Saturday 

14 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Purdue probably gets hyped for the rivalry and senior night game against IU but can’t help but wonder if they’ll be any hangover from a high intensity game @ Wisky with no title to play for on Saturday 

It will be a huge game for them. They will want payback and would delight in being the team that eliminates us from a chance at the tourney.....and that could very well be on the line.

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It was between them and Michigan. Michigan didn’t come close to preseason expectations. 

Michigan for sure....and especially with what happened with Howard....very disappointing for them if they don't make the tourney. In all honesty you guys still have a shot at the only thing that matters a NC. Now if you go out in the first weekend that would be devestating but I hardly call losing the toughest conference in America on a last second banked in 3 disappointing. People are just being hyperbolic because it's Purdue but it could have just as easily been Illinois favored to win it with Kofi back...I think it was just more who won it than Purdue lost it with no one seeing Wisky having the season they had.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

He'd have them as a national title contender in a hurry. 

I was listening to sports radio out here about MD/Pitino, and it was kind of comical listening to the rationalizations for bringing him in. I think my favorite was a caller who said  "just because you dance with the devil doesn't mean you have to take him home." I'm not even sure what that means.

Maryland is a school that, kind of amazingly, seems to constantly underachieve in the middle of one of the best recruiting bases in the country, including having DeMatha literally a couple of blocks off campus. I'd agree that Pitino could do some serious damage there if unleashed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

. I think my favorite was a caller who said  "just because you dance with the devil doesn't mean you have to take him home." I'm not even sure what that means.

I think it means if he had a scrapbook of his conquest, it'd make the Purdue yearbook look like a Glamour Shots catalog...

• Haha 2