Big Ten 2021-2022

34 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

If IU is ranked in the top 10 and we are true Final Four contender AND STILL finish 7th or 8th in the B1G, then that is one heck of a season for the B1G...

Either that or conference realignment has gotten really out of hand and the B1G is some 64 team behemoth... 

I probably wasn't clear, that isn't what I meant. I meant that if IU is a legit top ten team, then I'm all for the Big Ten being tough and a gauntlet (didn't mean we'd finish 7th as a top ten team). 

But in a case like this year, I think the #1 main priority is stacking W's. That's it, and that will be easier if the Big Ten is easier. I don't care where the conference is ranked, if IU finishes top 3-5, then we're going to the tournament and the momentum train is in the right direction. 

• Like 3

On 11/16/2021 at 4:04 PM, rico said:

It was a bad loss for Illinois and a bad loss for the B1G.  But it is not the end of the world.

Seems to happen every fall, a bad loss with a bunch of turnovers and ugly ball. Then by March those problems have been corrected.

Big Ten not looking good so far, doubt we get kenpom #1 this season.

Edited by BruceDouglas
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Reacher said:

MI is a good team but I don't think they are #4 in the country good- yet. Seton Hall sped them up and caused MI to rush. Their big guy blocked 5? shots. Mi only had 3 guys that contributed meaningfully on O. Mi was 3-15 from 3 (9-30 for SH) and got most of their points in the paint. Hopefully IU can follow the same game plan and if MI does not get hot from 3, I think we will match up ok with them. 

They are relying on a couple of true frosh and xfer PG, may take some time for things to jell but I'm guessing they will be pretty good in a few months.

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Maryland getting handled at home by George Mason...

I thought Dontae Scott could have a breakout year, but he looks out of shape and disinterested...

Big  1G looks over rated. Hope we find out IU UNDER RATED! Really hope IU competes every game!  Tonight gives us a hint! Improve every week go deep in March to MAKE APRIL!! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, loviubb said:

Big  1G looks over rated. Hope we find out IU UNDER RATED! Really hope IU competes every game!  Tonight gives us a hint! Improve every week go deep in March to MAKE APRIL!! 

Scott picked it up a bit and is having a good game, but GM still leading late...

12 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

Spartans looking pretty good against Butler

Butler....what happened to all the local Indiana kids....the shooters and scrappy defenders? They've really lost their identity after moving up to BIG EAST and under Jordan. This just doesn't look like a Butler roster imo. Funny enough I think Painter has a lot of the guys I would think Butler would typically have taken in the past.

image.png.cb5f519fee17200750e3eba9da361eab.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Butler....what happened to all the local Indiana kids....the shooters and scrappy defenders? They've really lost their identity after moving up to BIG EAST and under Jordan. This just doesn't look like a Butler roster imo. Funny enough I think Painter has a lot of the guys I would think Butler would typically have taken in the past.

Can’t disagree with you there. I do wonder how much longer Jordan will have at Butler if he doesn’t get it turned around. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Yeah Butler used to be a tough scrappy team, they are nothing like that now. I think Jordans seat is getting pretty warm there.

15 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Yeah Butler used to be a tough scrappy team, they are nothing like that now. I think Jordans seat is getting pretty warm there.

They are kind of like us...they lost their identity....I feel confident Woody will find guys that fit what it means to be an Indiana Hoosier. Jordan...they moved to the B1G East and now they have a roster that resembles Notre Dames more than what made them successful (East coast kids). Don't get me wrong you want to capitalize on that expanded visibility provides and try to bring in some size/athleticism that they may have a hard time finding close to home....but man...to not have some guards from the state that shoot lights out and have a bulldog mentality I think is a huge miss for them! I agree...if they miss the tourney it could be curtains. 

• Like 1