Big Ten 2021-2022

5 minutes ago, cthomas said:

From what I have seen so, as much as it pains me to say it, Purdue looks like the team to be in conference. Hard to find a weakness with them. I am feeling better about our chances to crack the top three or four spots.

They have won easily but they have also played some pretty underwhelming teams. With a couple of tougher games coming up we will see how they look.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

No, it is not.  Hopefully we(The B1G) can be somewhat competitive against the ACC.

From the looks of the schedule the B1G has some favorable matchups in it. IU at Syracuse and Michigan at UNC are the toughest road games and probably Iowa at Virgina. With the schedule the way it is the B1G should win the ACC/B1G Challenge, now whether they will or not is the question lol.

1 minute ago, Hoosier51 said:

From the looks of the schedule the B1G has some favorable matchups in it. IU at Syracuse and Michigan at UNC are the toughest road games and probably Iowa at Virgina. With the schedule the way it is the B1G should win the ACC/B1G Challenge, now whether they will or not is the question lol.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/overreactions-from-the-first-week-of-college-basketball-season-acc-big-ten-pac-12-deal-with-reality-checks/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cthomas said:

From what I have seen so, as much as it pains me to say it, Purdue looks like the team to be in conference. Hard to find a weakness with them. I am feeling better about our chances to crack the top three or four spots.

Still questions about the defense but the offense has been solid (albeit against some meh opponents). Biggest upgrade was clearly at the 4 spot going from Wheeler to Furst. 

11 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Still questions about the defense but the offense has been solid (albeit against some meh opponents). Biggest upgrade was clearly at the 4 spot going from Wheeler to Furst. 

Meh.  The only question I have about the Boilers is how long they stay undefeated.

12 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

Xavier with a big win over OSU. The B1G continues to stink it up in these Gavitt games. Three ranked B1G teams have lost in them.

To be fair, and I know you know this, OSU was missing Sueing, Cedric Russell, and Seth Towns...3 pretty big pieces to their puzzle and a whole lot of college experience...They played Meechie Johnson and Malaki Branham (both freshmen, although Johnson played the second half of the year with OSU after graduating high school early) 24 minutes + against the likes of Seniors Paul Scruggs and Nate Robinson...Kids against men...I think OSU will be fine...

As far as Rutgers goes, losing your "energy guy" in Jacob Young (who's averaging 13 PPG at Oregon) and Myles Johnson, simply for his inside defensive presence alone hurts them. They lack depth and (as someone said) Ron Harper Jr looks out of shape (he always has) although he didn't have a bad game last night...Geo Baker can be good, but he can also shoot you out of a game, and I think he misses Young's presence...And don't forget the also lost Mr Flagrant 2, Montez Mathais...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

When I saw the matchups, I thought we would win the Gavitt games as well...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

To be fair, and I know you know this, OSU was missing Sueing, Cedric Russell, and Seth Towns...3 pretty big pieces to their puzzle and a whole lot of college experience...They played Meechie Johnson and Malaki Branham (both freshmen, although Johnson played the second half of the year with OSU after graduating high school early) 24 minutes + against the likes of Seniors Paul Scruggs and Nate Robinson...Kids against men...I think OSU will be fine...

As far as Rutgers goes, losing your "energy guy" in Jacob Young (who's averaging 13 PPG at Oregon) and Myles Johnson, simply for his inside defensive presence alone hurts them. They lack depth and (as someone said) Ron Harper Jr looks out of shape (he always has) although he didn't have a bad game last night...Geo Baker can be good, but he can also shoot you out of a game, and I think he misses Young's presence...And don't forget the also lost Mr Flagrant 2, Montez Mathais...

Yeah i agree that OSU will be fine, but they have looked less then stellar at times against teams they should have beaten easily even with who they were missing. I still have them as the favorites along with Michigan, but i think Indiana and MSU along with Turdue 🤢 is probably a little closer to them then i thought. 

Rutgers i think will be decent but like you said losing Johnson and Young will be big losses for them.

Edited by Hoosier51

22 minutes ago, rico said:

LOL...not trying to put any hex on 'em.  As it stands, Purdue is the best team in the B1G.

It'll be interesting to see how they do vs Florida State on 11/30...After that, they should win until they visit Ann Arbor on 1/11...and even then if Michigan hasn't gotten a few things figured out it might not be that close... 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, rico said:

Hofstra pisses one away against...Maryland?

They sure did...up by 4 with a minute 8 to go...

Maryland played uninspired ball until the last minute...they do that against quality opponents and they'll pay for it...hell, it cost them the game vs George Mason...

• Like 2