Jump to content

Big Ten 2021-2022


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

His wife must be Miss Universe too...his kids are normal looking...took a whole lot on her part to even out that ugly...

I dislike Jim Boheihm so much, (who cares how his name is spelled).

Takes a good looking, good hearted woman to produce offspring with that ugly cheating bastard. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Michigan is overrated...

I want our Hoosiers to win and prove themselves but it's looking like B1G is weak this year. It's early though. Yeah MU is overrated, but I want IU to kick the $@&% out of good teams. And I believe they will 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I want our Hoosiers to win and prove themselves but it's looking like B1G is weak this year. It's early though. Yeah MU is overrated, but I want IU to kick the shit out of good teams. And I believe they will 

We'll get our chances...there are a few really good teams in our league...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the DD show today he had Seth Greenberg on.  DD said he had talked to some people who said that 3 big ten teams are having team chemistry problems due to the NIL. Don't know if any validity to it but I was worried that the NIL could cause problems within your team.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Agreed, but after watching IU and others, so far I can see IU being top 5 but sadly PU will probably be B1G champions. 

Purdue looking to be the class of B1G so far.  Edey still improving.  Great footwork.  Lots of depth.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

On the DD show today he had Seth Greenberg on.  DD said he had talked to some people who said that 3 big ten teams are having team chemistry problems due to the NIL. Don't know if any validity to it but I was worried that the NIL could cause problems within your team.

Having a coach with professional experience is probably helpful in that sense. They probably have to get players who are unhappy about their pay to still buy in help the team effort.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

On the DD show today he had Seth Greenberg on.  DD said he had talked to some people who said that 3 big ten teams are having team chemistry problems due to the NIL. Don't know if any validity to it but I was worried that the NIL could cause problems within your team.

Expect more and more of this as time moves along. It's human nature but I hope we have a NIL plan that will raise $ for whole team. Not just the stars.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Expect more and more of this as time moves along. It's human nature but I hope we have a NIL plan that will raise $ for whole team. Not just the stars.

This NIL stuff is all new, it could take a while to get the kinks worked out of it team wise.  Or not?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

On the DD show today he had Seth Greenberg on.  DD said he had talked to some people who said that 3 big ten teams are having team chemistry problems due to the NIL. Don't know if any validity to it but I was worried that the NIL could cause problems within your team.

I have a feeling this is going to be pretty common from here on out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, rico said:

This NIL stuff is all new, it could take a while to get the kinks worked out of it team wise.  Or not?

I'm waiting this year out. I'm small time compared to what some of these companies could do....but I think I mentioned on here before we are looking into getting a couple of the guys for a golf tourney  next summer. Here's the rub though. Do we book say a guy like Tamar Bates now? Given his current fees....or if he takes off this year and his fees go up because of it? Tough balance for all. Including the consumer haha.

I'd be curious though which 3 are having problems. Only about 7-8 teams would have big NIL issues and we are one of them. Based on play at Purdue they don't seem to be having any chemistry issues. Teams like Ohio St, Michigan, Illinois,etc....maybe they are the one's?

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, BGleas said:

I don’t know, I think there is value in almost any Power 5 road win. Is it the same as beating Duke, UCLA or whoever? No, but a road win against an ACC team will hold value. 

Syracuse isn't great this year, but their SOS and that its on the road would probably make that a quad 2 game at worst. 

I’d be shocked if it doesn’t end up quad 1 honestly. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm waiting this year out. I'm small time compared to what some of these companies could do....but I think I mentioned on here before we are looking into getting a couple of the guys for a golf tourney  next summer. Here's the rub though. Do we book say a guy like Tamar Bates now? Given his current fees....or if he takes off this year and his fees go up because of it? Tough balance for all. Including the consumer haha.

I'd be curious though which 3 are having problems. Only about 7-8 teams would have big NIL issues and we are one of them. Based on play at Purdue they don't seem to be having any chemistry issues. Teams like Ohio St, Michigan, Illinois,etc....maybe they are the one's?

 

What about Nathan Childress. He's a local.😁

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Expect more and more of this as time moves along. It's human nature but I hope we have a NIL plan that will raise $ for whole team. Not just the stars.

Saban told the Bama locker room that players making different amounts of money also happens in the NFL and to just deal with it. Liked his head-on approach.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'd be curious though which 3 are having problems. Only about 7-8 teams would have big NIL issues and we are one of them. 

Are we indeed one of the teams that could have NIL issues? Has anything been published showing what different players/teams have earned so far? We are obviously a “brand name” but I don’t have any idea if that has actually resulted in some or all of our players making significant money.

Not doubting you but just wondering if there is a reliable source showing to what degree different BT basketball teams have rung $$$ the NIL bell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...