Big Ten 2021-2022

27 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

They got there in the most Purdue-way possible: everyone ahead of them in the rankings losing in the first 3 weeks, then nearly blowing a home game where they were favored by double digits to a team that was missing one of its top players. 

It was about time Purdue got some luck going their way. They were going to be #1 with Hummel but he tore his ACL. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It was about time Purdue got some luck going their way. They were going to be #1 with Hummel but he tore his ACL. 

No they weren’t…by the time Purdue worked its way to 3rd, Kansas had already locked that up an never lost it. Kentucky was also rated higher the entire season. Losing Hummel had nothing to do with it

15 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

No they weren’t…by the time Purdue worked its way to 3rd, Kansas had already locked that up an never lost it. Kentucky was also rated higher the entire season. Losing Hummel had nothing to do with it

I could be misremembering but I thought both Kansas and UK lost that week that Robbie got hurt at Minny and Purdue was in a good position to be ranked 1 if they had won at the Barn. 

6 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

They got there in the most Purdue-way possible: everyone ahead of them in the rankings losing in the first 3 weeks, then nearly blowing a home game where they were favored by double digits to a team that was missing one of its top players. 

Yeah, wins over 'Nova, North Carolina, and Florida St. mean nothing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I watched about half of the Rutgers-Illinois game, and have 2 opinions...

Rutgers is terrible...

And Illinois is a much better team without Curbelo...

I caught about 3-4 minutes early on. Went from 13-7 to like 27-11 in about 5 minutes and saw enough. Agree with your sentiments as well. Seems there might be some lingering issues with his concussion. Not sure what to make of it honestly. 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 8:14 AM, Seeking6 said:

I caught about 3-4 minutes early on. Went from 13-7 to like 27-11 in about 5 minutes and saw enough. Agree with your sentiments as well. Seems there might be some lingering issues with his concussion. Not sure what to make of it honestly. 

I couldn't believe Rutgers looked so terrible. I know Geo Baker was out, but both McConnell and Mulcahy look to have regressed, and Ron Harper Jr looked out of shape and listless. Cliff Omoruyi was the only player who looked like he gave a crap.

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

I was fine keeping Turgeon around.  When you consider the talent in his back yard and the talent Maryland signed, it seemed they underperformed and were always a little soft.  Manning is a stopgap and even if he finds a little Mike Davis in a bottle, I don't see Maryland retaining him.

If Maryland ever hires a tier one coach...look out.

• Like 1