Big Ten 2021-2022

36 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Yeah, they upgraded coaches for sure.

Some bad decisions on offense down the stretch were killers -  Kofi taking a mid range shot and Plummer getting a 5 sec call. Need Curbelo back, I think he'll be there for Jan but is it too late?

Plummer's been "going crazy" all season, it was good to see Trent get his game going.

All on the road....oof.

Nah, their studs are all 2nd year guys recruited by Miller. Several European kids that really know how to play. They do have a couple of reserves that are transfers. Mathurin and Tubelis are first round NBA picks.

Probably better team without Curbelos 4TOs and 30% fg and 16% 3s. I've watched the Illini play a couple of times this season, with and without Curbelo, they look better without him. 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Goes to show you how much the NFL dominates things....at least our house. Didn't even know Purdue played until reading this thread. Sloppy game and Purdue just made plays in OT? 

We couldn’t hit the broad side of the barn for the first 35 minutes but mustered a solid comeback to erase a 12 point deficit in the last 8 minutes or so and then took over in OT. Beyond fortunate to get the win tbh. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Goes to show you how much the NFL dominates things....at least our house. Didn't even know Purdue played until reading this thread. Sloppy game and Purdue just made plays in OT? 

Yeah, I ain't a big fan of Sunday games going up against the NFL.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

We couldn’t hit the broad side of the barn for the first 35 minutes but mustered a solid comeback to erase a 12 point deficit in the last 8 minutes or so and then took over in OT. Beyond fortunate to get the win tbh. 

Wow. Holiday/Finals week is always a weird one. Just win and move along this time of year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

Probably better team without Curbelos 4TOs and 30% fg and 16% 3s. I've watched the Illini play a couple of times this season, with and without Curbelo, they look better without him. 👍

This year's Curbelo has been playing with concussion after effects, apparently. A healthy Curbelo, as we saw last season, is really good.

14 hours ago, IUFLA said:

BTW, Budding Illinois 3 point shooter Austin Hutcherson out for the year with a sports hernia...

Also, still no word on Andre Curbelo 's return for the Illini...

I know I'm a bit rough on Curbelo, but I do hope his problems are temporary and that he can return soon...

Meanwhile Jacob Grandison has exceeded his 3 point shot total from last season in only 10 games. With 1 fewer attempt. :)

Nice win for Maryland, I think they should hire Manning full time. ;)

• Like 1