Big Ten 2021-2022

Just now, IU Scott said:

We have no one that had a pull up game or anyone who can get their own shot

Yup, been since Yogi and Troy Williams left. Maybe the following year we still had JBJ who could do that. 

IU has been getting killed by guys like Ivey, Davis, Aaron Henry, the kid from St. John's, all the wings/guards Michigan has had the last several years, etc., etc., while we play through Juwan Morgan and TJD. 

Not complaining about having Morgan and TJD, but its very difficult to win in this day and age playing through bigs that can't shoot. 

12 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yup, been since Yogi and Troy Williams left. Maybe the following year we still had JBJ who could do that. 

IU has been getting killed by guys like Ivey, Davis, Aaron Henry, the kid from St. John's, all the wings/guards Michigan has had the last several years, etc., etc., while we play through Juwan Morgan and TJD. 

Not complaining about having Morgan and TJD, but its very difficult to win in this day and age playing through bigs that can't shoot. 

How much I hate admit it but in today's basketball you can't run your team through the post. Especially when your post doesn't have.multiple ways to score.  To me in the future if these guys turn out to be really good I am building the lineup with JHS,Bates,Newton and Banks.  I would try to get an athletic 6'10 guy who gets a lot of garbage baskets.  Also he needs to be a legit defensive guy who blocks shots.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

Wisconsin is looking like a better team then i thought at the beginning  of the season, and Turdue i've thought all along is overrated and by the end of the season that will show in their record. They have the same record in the B1G as the Hoosiers but with a loss at home and a loss at 7-5 Rutgers.

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

How do you shoot 40% from three, foul out an entire front line and still manage to lose at home as the #3 team in the country?

LOL @ Turdue.

Allow the other teams best player go off for ,37 points.  I know we always talk about how UW will fall off after losing players. I have a hard time seeing UW without Davis and Davidson next year.

Edited by IU Scott

Posted this on 12/31 on the other board: 

I'm not comparing them to IU. I'd saying losing their first road game to Rutgers after being number one for like two days is not a great start to the BIG. They are very good. But that was a bad loss and they should have lost to NC State too. They also just gave up 90 points (54 in the second half) to Nichols. So anyone thinking they're going to roll through the BIG ten is mistaken. Don't get me wrong they are good and the favorites, but it'll be interesting to see what their record is when it's all said and done. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Iowa gets off to a great start getting up 12 then takes out all of his starters.  The lead is down to 3 and that lineup had no offense.  Coaches don't coach the game but they use to much of a routine.  I think coaches feel they need to play a lot of players to keep them happy.

Edited by IU Scott