Big Ten 2021-2022

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Agree to disagree. I think Purdue is still a better team than Wisconsin even with the loss last night. 

I think by the end of the season it will play out that i am right. They could just as easily lose their next two as win them and drop to 1-4 in the B1G. While Michigan and PSU are nothing great they still have the ability to win those games.

39 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think the only blowouts we're going to see in the Big 10 this year are when some of the weaker teams play on the road...when they're at home, it's anybody's ballgame...

That Nebraska game at Lincoln we have coming up in a couple weeks has me concerned...

Every game we play I am concerned. I don't see us winning on the road and there is no way we go unbeaten at home. Breaking even in the conference should be considered a good season.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Very true. I feel like Purdue has maybe been guilty of reading the press clippings and thinking they can just show up to some of these games and win. Haven’t had that typical Purdue mentality for awhile now which sucks. 

Seems like the Boilers can lose their focus...they better quit doing that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

I think by the end of the season it will play out that i am right. They could just as easily lose their next two as win them and drop to 1-4 in the B1G. While Michigan and PSU are nothing great they still have the ability to win those games.

Would be a huge disappointment because we easily have a top 3 roster IMO. 

13 hours ago, 5 championships said:

I’m guessing you don’t think Romeo was elite?

He was, just not while at IU. He was hurt the whole year then quit on the team because of the injuries. Is he getting mins in the NBA yet, I dont watch it or follow him. Thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, jefftheref said:

Every game we play I am concerned. I don't see us winning on the road and there is no way we go unbeaten at home. Breaking even in the conference should be considered a good season.

I think we have a few chances at road wins...

We've lost 3 games by a total of 9 points. Not time to throw in the towel just yet...

Ohio State at home will be a good measuring stick for us...

• Like 4

14 hours ago, BGleas said:

Yup, been since Yogi and Troy Williams left. Maybe the following year we still had JBJ who could do that. 

IU has been getting killed by guys like Ivey, Davis, Aaron Henry, the kid from St. John's, all the wings/guards Michigan has had the last several years, etc., etc., while we play through Juwan Morgan and TJD. 

Not complaining about having Morgan and TJD, but its very difficult to win in this day and age playing through bigs that can't shoot. 

You made your point by saying Troy Williams and JBJ were the best we had in the same sentence with Yogi.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

There are no great teams and everyone has flaws so you will see bad games from everyone.

Also I will put this here, for the 3rd time I have tested positive for Covid.

3x??? Do you have any autoimmune issues? I worry for my sister who does. I had it once and that was enough for me. I hope you feel better soon.

28 minutes ago, Indykev said:

You made your point by saying Troy Williams and JBJ were the best we had in the same sentence with Yogi.

I was never a big JBJ fan, but I thought Troy was pretty great his junior year when IU won the Big Ten. 

But yeah, none of those guys are legit NBA talent level. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

We've lost 3 games by a total of 9 points. Not time to throw in the towel just yet...

We need a win over the Bucks to instill some confidence the players...and me.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I am not throwing in the towel, just being realistic. We have the same issues we have had in the past with a different cast. We are not very athletic, we don't have guys who can create their own shot, aren't mentally tough, we can't dominate on the offensive, defensive, rebounding and when we sub the team gets worse. The only difference is the coaching staff and so far I am not impressed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I am not throwing in the towel, just being realistic. We have the same issues we have had in the past with a different cast. We are not very athletic, we don't have guys who can create their own shot, aren't mentally tough, we can't dominate on the offensive, defensive, rebounding and when we sub the team gets worse. The only difference is the coaching staff and so far I am not impressed.

Thanks for the ray of sunshine!  LOL  Sadly, I know how you feel.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I wanna believe we can win so bad but...  poor outside shooting, missed FT's and Turnovers makes me think otherwise.   A lot of IU fans just expect us to win all our home games and I just don't think that's happening this year.  Which most likely means we won't have a bid to the dance come March.  Hope I'm wrong.

Go Hoosiers!!!

26 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

As far as any towel pitching, I was speaking strictly for myself 😉 

But I do understand the concern...on your points...I agree with the assessment on everything except the coaching staff and what their influence is going to be on this team...Too early to tell for me...

• Like 2