Big Ten 2021-2022

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

As far as any towel pitching, I was speaking strictly for myself 😉 

But I do understand the concern...on your points...I agree with the assessment on everything except the coaching staff and what their influence is going to be on this team...Too early to tell for me...

ummm not sure i agree with the coaching thing yet.  Not sure what i was expecting but i don't think i have seen it yet.  I expected better offense and game planning.  More in game adjustments, half time adjustments, and game to game adjustments.  I feel like we just keep doing the exact same thing hoping it will just work.

I am not sold yet on our coaching staff.  I guess they need more time but i was expecting more i guess.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

ummm not sure i agree with the coaching thing yet.  Not sure what i was expecting but i don't think i have seen it yet.  I expected better offense and game planning.  More in game adjustments, half time adjustments, and game to game adjustments.  I feel like we just keep doing the exact same thing hoping it will just work.

I am not sold yet on our coaching staff.  I guess they need more time but i was expecting more i guess.

The defense is certainly top notch.

11 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

We agree...Like I said...It's too early to tell...

I look at things like Trayce saying they worked all week on pushing the ball versus PSU, but then they didn't execute that...

I think Coach Woody would excuse the physical errors, but not executing the game plan has to be addressed...

I've heard CMW say more than once it's the PGs job to run the team...Isn't doing what you practiced and getting other players to follow the game plan kinda in that job description?

3 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

I wanna believe we can win so bad but...  poor outside shooting, missed FT's and Turnovers makes me think otherwise.   A lot of IU fans just expect us to win all our home games and I just don't think that's happening this year.  Which most likely means we won't have a bid to the dance come March.  Hope I'm wrong.

Go Hoosiers!!!

We just dont have a point guard who can take us anywhere. Bad passers, bad shooters and bad decision makers is what we have at point guard. Without wing scoring our offense has become stagnant and easy to guard. Double TJD, force him into a turnover, missed lay up, or a missed 3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Homely coeds?

Ugly campus?

Psycho mascot?

Can only say 3 syllables--"IU sucks"?

Not for me🤣

Coeds?  Sadly I haven’t dated a girl from IU in 30 years but I do go to Harry’s with grad school friends.  Let’s just say things have changed a lot since the 80’s  #80’sHOT

ugly campus…..not sure what can be done about that….is IU too 20% nationally?  I’ve been to AF Academy, Wisconsin, Stanford, Cal, Pacific, Oregon…..

mascot is Burger King scary for sure

IU sucks cheer is better than left right left right sit down BS after player DQ

38 minutes ago, Indykev said:

We just dont have a point guard who can take us anywhere. Bad passers, bad shooters and bad decision makers is what we have at point guard. Without wing scoring our offense has become stagnant and easy to guard. Double TJD, force him into a turnover, missed lay up, or a missed 3.

Was this a re-post from last year or two years ago? True then and still now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Coeds?  Sadly I haven’t dated a girl from IU in 30 years but I do go to Harry’s with grad school friends.  Let’s just say things have changed a lot since the 80’s  #80’sHOT

ugly campus…..not sure what can be done about that….is IU too 20% nationally?  I’ve been to AF Academy, Wisconsin, Stanford, Cal, Pacific, Oregon…..

mascot is Burger King scary for sure

IU sucks cheer is better than left right left right sit down BS after player DQ

Which, when there was a steady stream of Badgers going to the bench with their 5th foul, the Purdue faithful performed last night...

I did hear them mix up left and right a couple of times 😮

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 9:37 AM, Stlboiler23 said:

Would be a huge disappointment because we easily have a top 3 roster IMO. 

22 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’d be pretty bummed if we don’t make an Elite 8 tbh. 

I agree with both these statements. I am not trying to bash PU or kick them when they're down. They have a good, possibly great team. But Painter has to pull the right strings. Anything outside of a top three Big Ten finish (I would argue top two), and like you said, anything less than the Elite 8, would be a disappointment IMO. And this has nothing to do with "I wish IU had these problems" etc. Of course I wish that. But look at the disdain toward Crean because of the Syracuse loss. Painter's a better coach, but at some point your best teams have to do something special, not close to something special. When you have the horses, you've got to produce results. It's great to win the BIG or do ok in the tourney, but when the time comes, you've got to breakthrough. Kinda of similar to Keady and G-Rob. Have to seize the moment. Not saying that was Keady's best team or that this is for Painter, but you really never know when the chance will come again. If nothing else, IU fans should be able to relate to that. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Homely coeds?

Ugly campus?

Psycho mascot?

Can only say 3 syllables--"IU sucks"?

Not for me🤣

Seems like we're not the only fanbase that thinks Purdue's campus is hideous...  

I liked this description...

"I can say this about the 2 schools on the list I attended....MSU is amazingly beautiful; Purdue, not so much....I always described it as neopententiary architecture."

😂

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Seems like we're not the only fanbase that thinks Purdue's campus is hideous...  

I liked this description...

"I can say this about the 2 schools on the list I attended....MSU is amazingly beautiful; Purdue, not so much....I always described it as neopententiary architecture."

😂

I remember a former football coach trying to compliment Purdue campus 

“it’s very clean” 😳😂🧐

Just now, IU Scott said:

Watching the UI and Minnesota game and Cockburn twisted his ankle.  It makes me wonder why did basketball players where low top now instead of high tops.  Toe high tops helps you if you twist or sprain your ankle

There’s really no science behind that. Most guys tape their ankles too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

Some had high expectations for this season but the fact is that we don’t currently have an elite 1,2 or 3. That’s a lot to overcome. A couple of guys have “promise” but none of our 1,2 or 3’s are currently playing at a championship/high level.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

Some had high expectations for this season but the fact is that we don’t currently have an elite 1,2 or 3. That’s a lot to overcome. A couple of guys have “promise” but none of our 1,2 or 3’s are currently playing at a championship/high level.

Going into the season I thought we would finish 5th in tbe conference.  A lot of that was I thought we would be getting a lot more from Kopp and Bates

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

When it's all played out, I anticipate Illinois and OSU to be fighting for the top spot.

People are counting out Illinois way too early.

I think Illinois has improved with Curbelo out...the ball moves and they get good shots...

Cockburn does get away with murder inside, but if they're going to let him...

And don't forget, Izzo has MSU playing much better than last year...

4 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

When it's all played out, I anticipate Illinois and OSU to be fighting for the top spot.

People are counting out Illinois way too early.

Do you mean counting out Illinois because the best player out of Chicago in a few years turned into a 2nd round draft choice in year 3? Or do you mean Kofi who still hasn't learned how to play high ball screen defense in year 3? Or do you mean Illinois who got worked by Loyola....by Loyola....in the round of 32 last year? 

I'll hang up and wait for the one from Quincy to explain this stuff. 

• Like 1