Big Ten 2021-2022

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Payne got what he deserved...if it had connected solidly, it would have called for a flagrant 2

And that would have been even more egregious. 

It's a foul, I guess, to give them 2FTS and the ball... from that? No way. Basketball is so soft. 

Why doesn't the Purdue player move instead of being a tool? That wasn't the whole play, either. 

Edited by btownqb

Just now, btownqb said:

Are you one of those weird Purdue fans on our board? 

I mean, if you have no repercussions for going a bear hugging someone in the open court, idk... he should have been elbowed. 

Purdue fan 1st, can pull for IU when not playing Purdue, no issue there.  Wife & daughter love IU & we have made several trips to Bloomington.  I get a chuckle when fans see the game totally different.  I wouldn't have quite called that a "bear hug".  

• Like 1

Just now, JW75 said:

Purdue fan 1st, can pull for IU when not playing Purdue, no issue there.  Wife & daughter love IU & we have made several trips to Bloomington.  I get a chuckle when fans see the game totally different.  I wouldn't have quite called that a "bear hug".  

That's fine that it's a foul on the ILL player, whatever. 

For Purdue to get 2 FTs and the ball. That's an atrocious rule. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Why doesn't the Purdue move instead of being a tool? That wasn't the whole play, either. 

Hard, physical play is fine...a cheap shot thrown firearm/elbow isn't...

Trevion Williams should have gotten the same thing at Penn State when he threw an elbow to a guys chest on a free throw...

I dislike both of these teams, but I'm fair about it...The refs made the exact right call...

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Hard, physical play is fine...a cheap shot thrown firearm/elbow isn't...

Trevion Williams should have gotten the same thing at Penn State when he threw an elbow to a guys chest on a free throw...

I dislike both of these teams, but I'm fair about it...The refs made the exact right call...

The only reason there was a "cheap shot" was because the Purdue player went and got in his way. He wasn't even guarding Payne. 

But no, it's a foul. It's sad we've categorized that as flag 1. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That's fine that it's a foul on the ILL player, whatever. 

For Purdue to get 2 FTs and the ball. That's an atrocious rule. 

I agree with it being a dumb rule and I'm sure Sasha was under his skin a little.  Just didn't quite see a bear hug. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Then kick him out. You don't need a "flagrant 1".

You're getting kicked out or it's a common foul. I saw absolutely nothing egregious there. 

I think kicking him out would be a little extreme...Here's the rule...

"A flagrant 1 foul (men's) or unsportsmanlike foul (women's) involves excessive or severe contact during a live ball, including especially when a player "swings an elbow and makes illegal, non-excessive contact with an opponent above the shoulders".

Payne's contact with Sasha was exactly that...