Jump to content

Big Ten 2021-2022


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Hows Purdue gain from that? That's unreal. 

Tf is Stefanovic doing that close to the ILL player anyway? Call a foul, zero chance that should be deemed flagrant. 

I thought they called it right...Payne threw a forearm/elbow...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

 

Payne got what he deserved...if it had connected solidly, it would have called for a flagrant 2

And that would have been even more egregious. 

It's a foul, I guess, to give them 2FTS and the ball... from that? No way. Basketball is so soft. 

Why doesn't the Purdue player move instead of being a tool? That wasn't the whole play, either. 

Edited by btownqb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, btownqb said:

Are you one of those weird Purdue fans on our board? 

I mean, if you have no repercussions for going a bear hugging someone in the open court, idk... he should have been elbowed. 

Purdue fan 1st, can pull for IU when not playing Purdue, no issue there.  Wife & daughter love IU & we have made several trips to Bloomington.  I get a chuckle when fans see the game totally different.  I wouldn't have quite called that a "bear hug".  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JW75 said:

Purdue fan 1st, can pull for IU when not playing Purdue, no issue there.  Wife & daughter love IU & we have made several trips to Bloomington.  I get a chuckle when fans see the game totally different.  I wouldn't have quite called that a "bear hug".  

That's fine that it's a foul on the ILL player, whatever. 

For Purdue to get 2 FTs and the ball. That's an atrocious rule. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Why doesn't the Purdue move instead of being a tool? That wasn't the whole play, either. 

Hard, physical play is fine...a cheap shot thrown firearm/elbow isn't...

Trevion Williams should have gotten the same thing at Penn State when he threw an elbow to a guys chest on a free throw...

I dislike both of these teams, but I'm fair about it...The refs made the exact right call...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Hard, physical play is fine...a cheap shot thrown firearm/elbow isn't...

Trevion Williams should have gotten the same thing at Penn State when he threw an elbow to a guys chest on a free throw...

I dislike both of these teams, but I'm fair about it...The refs made the exact right call...

The only reason there was a "cheap shot" was because the Purdue player went and got in his way. He wasn't even guarding Payne. 

But no, it's a foul. It's sad we've categorized that as flag 1. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That's fine that it's a foul on the ILL player, whatever. 

For Purdue to get 2 FTs and the ball. That's an atrocious rule. 

I agree with it being a dumb rule and I'm sure Sasha was under his skin a little.  Just didn't quite see a bear hug. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Had it been a basketball play, I'd agree...

But it wasn't, and it's not even close...

Then kick him out. You don't need a "flagrant 1".

You're getting kicked out or it's a common foul. I saw absolutely nothing egregious there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Then kick him out. You don't need a "flagrant 1".

You're getting kicked out or it's a common foul. I saw absolutely nothing egregious there. 

I think kicking him out would be a little extreme...Here's the rule...

"A flagrant 1 foul (men's) or unsportsmanlike foul (women's) involves excessive or severe contact during a live ball, including especially when a player "swings an elbow and makes illegal, non-excessive contact with an opponent above the shoulders".

Payne's contact with Sasha was exactly that...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...