Big Ten 2021-2022

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

We just don't know what to expect from teams anymore.

This is so true in the B1G this year. MSU loses at home to NW then wins at Wisc who was victorious in West Lafayette. Then you have Mich who lost at home to Minn but wins in Bloomington. It is going to be a grind and any game could be an upset or a home loss.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

This is so true in the B1G this year. MSU loses at home to NW then wins at Wisc who was victorious in West Lafayette. Then you have Mich who lost at home to Minn but wins in Bloomington. It is going to be a grind and any game could be an upset or a home loss.

This is one of the strangest years I can remember in the Big 10...

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

I am just not sure about this MSU team, losing at home to NW then to an undermanned Illini team. Really there are some good teams in the B1G this season, but I just don't see any of them being a Final Four team.

Sparty is good on record so far because of schedule. Getting beat by Illinois down 2 major contributors should say where Sparty is. 

With that said Illinois has some pieces....but I also could see them losing the next 4 in a row. That's the thing with Big 10 and I hate to keep saying it. No clue what each team or program is right now. None are elite. Might as well put 8 of us at the 4-8 lines in tourney and see what happens. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sparty is good on record so far because of schedule. Getting beat by Illinois down 2 major contributors should say where Sparty is. 

With that said Illinois has some pieces....but I also could see them losing the next 4 in a row. That's the thing with Big 10 and I hate to keep saying it. No clue what each team or program is right now. None are elite. Might as well put 8 of us at the 4-8 lines in tourney and see what happens. 

One thing I have noticed is most of the top teams have PG problems, and I think you need strong guard play in the tournament. Wisconsin might be the steadiest team at the guard position. It's kind of funny, as much as some people complain about X he might be playing some of the best ball at the PG position in the B1G the last couple of games lol.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Looks like Maryland is starting to play better with them up 49-38 at Rutgers.  Just under 13 to go in the game

I always say its not who you play so much in the B1G as when you play them. Michigan was just starting to figure things out...hate to say it but Maryland seems to be finding their sea legs too after all the turmoil. Catch a team like Purdue on a flat night or Michigan on a hot night and sometimes it doesn't really matter what you do. I always rather play Michigan St early in the season before their young talent has acclimated to Izzo's style...or they start to improve. Veteran teams like Purdue and Wisconsin and Rutgers you want to play later on as they tend to peak early and level off and knock off a lot of teams while they are still trying to figure things out.

16 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Yeah, with the unbalanced scheduling, covid pauses/postponements (are those Michigan games going to get rescheduled?), injuries, etc it's a crazy season. Big Ten tourney should be wild.

• Like 2