I knew there would be an event announced but wasn’t sure what. I’m a bit confused after hearing more. 

I went to Hoosier Hysteria already. How is this different?

Eric was critical of some of the production. Am I wrong to think this is competing with an annual event?

Will it overlap with the football game?

I generally like the Hoosier Hysterics but I’m just not sure on this one. 

6 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

I knew there would be an event announced but wasn’t sure what. I’m a bit confused after hearing more. 

Eric was critical of some of the production. Am I wrong to think this is competing with an annual event?

Going to be interesting to find out.  I'm sure they went through the university and coaching staff for approval.  They have to for NIL and the players wouldn't do anything without coaches approval.  

This is for the players, would be interesting to see how PR takes it to another level.  They want recruits to see NIL at IU.  And, wonder if recruits can attend who couldn't the other event.

Edited by Fiveoutofsix
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BeerBQ said:

Football team is at Michigan, calendar turns to November. Days a little darker and temps cooler. All meaning hoops is around the corner! I hope it's annual....because it's just one more thing we can add to the recruiting pitch.

Myself and another guy are waiting things out a bit longer to see how things shake out this year but we do a couple of annual golf tournaments for charity. Looking into costs of appearance fees for hoops players for next summer. 

• Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 2:59 PM, Seeking6 said:

Football team is at Michigan, calendar turns to November. Days a little darker and temps cooler. All meaning hoops is around the corner! I hope it's annual....because it's just one more thing we can add to the recruiting pitch.

Myself and another guy are waiting things out a bit longer to see how things shake out this year but we do a couple of annual golf tournaments for charity. Looking into costs of appearance fees for hoops players for next summer. 

I’m sure picture and autograph table at the event would be cool….maybe highest bidder gets to play a round with a couple players…have a hoop and pay for shooting contest against player for prizes…lots of cool things you could do.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Did they give him a car?  (Too lazy to look up).  If so, I would rather have cash.

My guess is it is a lease.  Dealerships and brands do this all of the time with celebrities.  They lease or loan them a car with the idea they are going to be seen driving it around and it increases awareness.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, IUALUM03 said:

My guess is it is a lease.  Dealerships and brands do this all of the time with celebrities.  They lease or loan them a car with the idea they are going to be seen driving it around and it increases awareness.  

18 year old...in a Porsche?

o8Ek3kY.gif.09c147ebbc2414d22f7b15b5473d2279.gif

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Now we know who has been paying players at uk.  

If I’m an 18 and up college player being offered to drive one of those fancy cars, I’d surely oblige…. I just can’t help to see it completely different from the other side. I just don’t have good feel about it, especially something THAT expensive!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

If I’m an 18 and up college player being offered to drive one of those fancy cars, I’d surely oblige…. I just can’t help to see it completely different from the other side. I just don’t have good feel about it, especially something THAT expensive!

I wonder what the insurance is for something like that being driven by an 18YO and who is flipping the bill for that?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Remember this scene? One of my all time favorite 80's movies! It reminds me of a those players with a BIG $$$ NIL endorsement...😲🤣

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2018_01/IMG_1311.JPG.ec308e2dd25dd2f3509e57a479522909.JPG

“Relax, alright? My old man is a television repairman, he’s got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BDB said:

I wonder what the insurance is for something like that being driven by an 18YO and who is flipping the bill for that?

My thought was the tax bill.  Like, if you win a car on the Price is Right, most people have trouble actually taking possession of the car because you have to pay taxes on the vehicle.  It ends up costing them money. 

So to me, keep your Porsche and give me cash.

44 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

My thought was the tax bill.  Like, if you win a car on the Price is Right, most people have trouble actually taking possession of the car because you have to pay taxes on the vehicle.  It ends up costing them money. 

So to me, keep your Porsche and give me cash.

Agreed. But what if it's a "loaner" ? No change in ownership. Not sure taxes are due then.