2023 C Austin Parks Commits to Ohio State

gnet550

I'm excited to add some size. That said I think we can all agree having a rim protector back there like Trayce who can erase baskets at the rim is a huge plus that can't be measured so easily. It's great when that person is also your low post presence and you get both offense and defense but man I'm really worried for our defense just as much as our offense once Trayce moves on....his ability to effect shots at in the paint is immeasurable. I hope we find a way to replace that!

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

I'm excited to add some size. That said I think we can all agree having a rim protector back there like Trayce who can erase baskets at the rim is a huge plus that can't be measured so easily. It's great when that person is also your low post presence and you get both offense and defense but man I'm really worried for our defense just as much as our offense once Trayce moves on....his ability to effect shots at in the paint is immeasurable. I hope we find a way to replace that!

Logan Duncombs arms are LONGGGGGG I think he could have a major impact with a year of learning under trayce.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/11/2022 at 10:34 AM, Billingsley99 said:

Terrible comparison. Not sure who to compare him to but the bottom ofnthe elevator shaft floor for his potential is above Brunk

Totally disagree.  He is only 6’8”/6’9” and not even athletic as Tom Pritchard.  He is more of a big body that takes up space and with his height that isn’t great.  He is ranked appropriately as he most likely is just a bench player.  One player that I don’t think is a need for this class.  Don’t need another bench center.  We need someone who will be more impactful.  If you are going to take someone who won’t play for a couple years take someone who has higher upside.  

Edited by IU_Realist
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, IU_Realist said:

Totally disagree.  He is only 6’8”/6’9” and not even athletic as Tom Pritchard.  He is more of a big body that takes up space and with his height that isn’t great.  He is ranked appropriately as he most likely is just a bench player.  One player that I don’t think is a need for this class.  Don’t need another bench center.  We need someone who will be more impactful.  If you are going to take someone who won’t play for a couple years take someone who has higher upside.  

Pretty detailed description. Curious on how many times you have watched him play? What are Izzo, Huggins, Holtman, Underwood and Woodson missing that you aren't? From what i've read he is 6'10 245 and very athletic for a big man.

• Thanks 1