2023 C Austin Parks Commits to Ohio State

gnet550

I gotta get over and see this kid. One thing stands out about his high school v. traveling team. They run zero plays for him at the AAU circus. He looks like a kid that would sit for Bo Ryan a year maybe two then make our lives a living hell twice a year. I'm old fashioned when it comes to the 5 spot. Master your craft 5 feet and in. He reminds me of Joe Klien with a little Adam Keefe. 

• Like 1

Couldn't tell much from the highlight video but he did seem to have good hands...some of the bigs we've had in the past simply didn't have soft hands...you gotta catch it before you can do anything with it...

We all saw what the Dickinson kid form Michigan, and to a lesser extent the Edey kid from Purdue did last year...

There's still a place for a traditional 5 in college basketball...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

some of the bigs we've had in the past simply didn't have soft hands

Bob Knight struggled to improve the hands of 7'3" center Ewe Blab.

After Blab graduated and got married, he and his wife had a child - which they invited Bob Knight over to see.

First thing Knight said to the wife:  "Whatever you do, don't let him hold that baby, because he'll drop it."

Edited by Madison22
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

On 7/13/2021 at 1:23 PM, cybergates said:

Nice to see us on some legit bigs. Sick and tired of not having size in the B1G

I agree, and I think when we finally get a template in place on the floor our players will be bangers. Our guards are big and I just believe we'll physical and more like an early 90s NBA team.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Just as long as we don’t have a Laimbeer on our roster.😁

I hated that guy but he was effective. I keep going back to the memory banks and Parks, from the video, reminds me of Joe Kleine. He appears to have good hands and athletic ability that will translate. If he signed right now I'd be excited. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think he's a manchild. 

The "modern" big man trends can help us land guys like this that because of said trends will be under the radar. 

I could see perhaps a little foul prone at first but other than that what not to like?

I predicted early on, we're going to he a physical, tough team and this guy is that.

• Like 1